3- December 3, 2027

At lunch, Dominicia was doing her homework for her class.

     An irresponsible student. I thought. Yup, she was actually. Yet at least, she was still doing it. At the far corner, I saw Nick talking to another guy. I never saw that guy either in class. I was so curious, I approached the two.

     "Umm, never saw you in class yesterday and today morning? Wait, are you in our class?" I asked relentlessly.

     He was also calm, serene and quiet. Are they related to each other? "Ya, I was on sick leave for a week already. I had a check- up a while ago so I just entered class just now."

     I nodded, there was proof though. He was holding his medical certificate. I wish he will be okay soon enough. I wish I was like him.

     In class, the teacher held a lot of papers. I don't really know what's with those papers but I guess it's for us. It was white papers, not recycled. There were printed stuff in it, lots of printed stuff.

     "OK class, I'll give these survey forms to you. Please fill it out at home together with your parents. If they're not around, kindly fill it out yourselves," he gave it to us, one by one. It has 2 pages, one for the student and one for the parents.

     I placed them in my bag, and when the bell rang I hurried home. On my way, I saw Nicholas's house. It was big and modern. It was just like our old house. It feels nostalgic, especially that those days were the happiest days of my youth.

     I approached him, "Hey, you have a big house. Are you a rich kid?" I asked him. It seems so that he was a rich kid. They have six cars and a big swimming pool.

     "Nah, not really. My dad's salary really is quite big. Anyway, what brings you here?"

     "My house is just around the corner."

     He nodded at me. He was nice. I wish I could have a brother like him. He was so caring and so lovable. It feels like, dad's within him.

     He sent me home. "Hey, umm Victoria. Should I say Toria? Anyway, your scent, I like it."

     What did he say? Does he like my scent? "Oh, thanks. I bought it in a store nearby. It's quite expensive though. Why did you notice?"

     "Ah, my sister. She loves perfume with a flowery scent. I would like to ask."

     "Oh, it's $40. See told you, it's quite expensive. Is her birthday nearby?" I was into the conversation.

     "Ya, like so. It was actually yesterday. Her name is Amy. Amy  Louigie. Maybe I'll buy that perfume for her."

     What! He is Amy's brother! Never knew. "Ya, it's really scenty.. Umm is that a word?" I laughed. He laughed and bid me goodbye.

++++++++++

     I answered the survey on my own. It wasn't that difficult since I know both of my parents very well, so it was easy. There was one question however.

     Are your parents separated, married, single parent, others? I don't know. They didn't divorce but dad left mom. So in the end, I wrote others. Is it right?

     I had a dream that night. It was my 18th birthday and dad was there. I wish that dream didn't end easily.