Different Ways

DEJA P.O.V.

"I have fifteen minutes left and then I'll be able to leave." I whispered to Kevin. "Alright I'm outside of your job." He said. I laughed and hung up. "What happened to Jason?" Emily came over to me. "What you mean?" I asked caught off guard. "A man is waiting for you and its not your brother or boyfriend. Who's that?" She asked and I laughed. "That's my best friend." I said. "Oh okay. Best friend is a cute one." She smiled. "He go out and have a child with my cousin." I start packing up my stuff. "Damn, well Deja I need somebody to kick it with and I'm tired of my boyfriend acting like he's all that care for me." She said a little sad. "That can't be your boyfriend if he make you feel like that. Honestly." I shrugged. "I know but what should I do?" She asked. "Because he acts like he don't care for me." She said. "That's because he have you wrapped around his finger." I put my jacket on. "So how do I get over him?" She combs her hair with her fingers. "Dress up. Act like you going somewhere. Start coming to work in different clothes. He gonna pay attention than but if he don't then his focus is not on you. Its on whatever or whoever he's with you for." I grabbed my bag. She start tearing. "Why is it this the third time I'm hearing this?" She asked. "Do what I said and if it work than he is paying attention to you just hard to show. Or wait to his friends are there because boys can't hold their tongues so they going to compliment you no matter what and he going to get jealous." I smiled. "Hope so. I love him so much." She wiped her tears. "Me and my girls are going out next week you're allowed to come with us if you want too." I said. "Okay." She smiled. "Later girl. Call me." I hugged her. "Will do." She said and then I went to Kevin. "If that's fifteen minutes please don't never make me wait fifteen minutes." He held his head. "Shut up. I was helping this girl out with her boyfriend problems." I hugged him. "Aww you so sweet. Always helping people." He got in the driver's side and I sat in the passengers. "So I want to know what to get your cousin?" He asked. "Jewelry. Every girl loves jewelry." I said in a obvious tone. "Am I dumb? I never once brought her jewelry. Ima buy mad shit. We about to make four years." He smiled. "That's so cute." I smiled. "Yeah I guess. I want us back to the old us. For some reason we can't shake this arguing shit off of us." He said looking sad again. "Ya need me to take Lonnie again? Because I will." I said excited. "My child is far from the problem. Its me and Monae. If she wants me to step than that can happen too. I don't want her life to be miserable. I swear I don't." He stopped at the red light. "Then talk to her Kevin. Don't be dumb. You about to buy her jewelry but saying she wants to leave you. That's my cousin and all but I'm not buying a person something to stay with me. That's not happening." I shook my head as we stopped at McDonald's. "No I'm buying her the jewelry to celebrate our anniversary. Not for her to stay with me. She can take the jewelry and we can split. It don't matter." He shrugged. We went to McDonald's and I got a Caramel Frappé. "I don't want to let Monae go but tell her like if you wanna break up its fine." He pout again. "Stop saying that because you don't mean that Kevin." I said and we went back to the car. "Dejjy she act like she don't want to be around me. She always have an attitude." His face showed an hurt expression. "Don't feel that way. Tomorrow I'll be by and you have to be gone and I'll talk to her." I said. "Ima go visit ugh nobody because I have no fucking body." He slam on the horn because the car was taking too long to move from in front of us. "Calm down Kevin. You can go visit some friends." I said. "Yeah but they weren't really my friends. Only friend I have is you. The rest are associates." He said. "So spend the night at my house." I said. "No. I'm going to go visit my aunts." He said. "Okay promise me you won't do nothing stupid going home?" I asked with my pinky out. "I promise." We locked pinkies. "I love you best friend." I hugged him and kissed his cheek. "I love you more Dejjy Dej." He watched me walk in the house. I waved to him and then went fully inside my house. "Honey I'm homeeeee." I said being corny. "Aww that's how ya rock in here?" Zion asked. "Shut up and I didn't know you guys were here. Heyyyy." I hugged Zion and then Quan. Then I went over to a high Jason. "You was smoking?" I sat on his lap. "Yes." He held me. "Retarded." I smiled. "Can I get some frappé?" He asked. "Can I get some sugar first?" I asked puckering up and we start kissing. "How was work?" He asked and I passed him the drink. "It was regular. The end was a little interesting and I solve two relationship problems." I smiled. "You should really look into being a relationship counselor." He said drinking my whole coffee. "You getting me another one?" I asked. "Zion wants McDonald's anyways so of course I'll get you a new one." He smiled. "Greedy ass. You cooked?" I held him. "No they been here for a while and we got distracted. You want some McDonalds?" He asked. "Not really. I want a salad from downstairs." I said. "Okay." He kissed me again. "Sorry for taking five minutes of your boyfriend time but I just love him." I double kissed his lips. "What you mean boyfriend?" They all said in a unison. "I meant friend." I lied. "She lying." Jason said and we start laughing.

DURK P.O.V.

"I'm not scared of no scary movies." Alyssa said. "Yeah right you gonna be under me." I said getting us some shit from the concession stand. "No I'm really not. So don't be surprised when you under my ass." She laughed holding my arm. "Damn bae you trying to get freaky in the movie theaters?" I wiggled my eye brows. "Noooo nasty." She got us some soda and then we went and got some seats. Perfects shits too. I start eating the candy. "Wait don't eat yet." She tapped my hand. "Why the movie is on?" I asked. "Wait to its fully on." She said. So I waited because she locked my hands with hers. I laughed a little.

After the movie she wasn't that scared but she had a couple of jumpy parts. "That movie was good." She said coming out the girls bathroom. "Was it?" I asked. "Yes. And can we go get something to eat?" She asked. "Of course." I passed her her bag and then we left out the movie theater. "So tell me a little about your past relationships." She said. "Um I date some girl before you and she was cool and shit, its just we argued enough. I know relationships have arguments bit ours went over just a little. I blame myself though because I was childish and I was trying to prove to my friends that I wasn't in love and she didn't have my heart but deep down inside it was the opposite. All she used to say was be real with me. And I was but then again I wasn't. That didn't matter though because we weren't going to leave each other until some shit happen and we just fell off and no it wasn't my fault." I said. "Awww. So if ya was to see each other right now what would happen?" Alyssa asked. "I really don't know. She been avoiding me after us seeing each other after three years." I explained. "She still have feelings for you?" Alyssa asked concerned. "Nah, not that I know of. She flaunt her nigga around in my face so it can't be that." I shrugged. "Why she still be around?" She asked. "Her and my brother have a unbreakable bond. And her friend had a baby by my bro and her other friend talk to one of my bros. So she only popped in once. She doing her own thing." I shrugged like I didn't care. I do care and I miss her sometimes, not lately though. "As long as you don't care because I don't need you sneaking with her while we together." Alyssa smirked. "So we together?" I asked. "Only if you want to be." She said and I kissed her. Her lips and kiss was good. We went in the restaurant and start eating but continuously talking about our ex relationships. She know that my babies are my first priority so she can be valid after my family. "Ya lips." She said touching my bottom lip. "My shits not all that. I just know how to work them." I smirked. "So do I." She said and I start laughing. "Joke?" She asked. "Some shit in my head. I apologize aggressiveness." I hugged her. "I'm sorry." She said holding her head. "You alright?" I asked. "I'm fine. I'm apologizing for my aggressiveness." She pout. "It don't matter. I love an aggressive girl." I pulled her to me so we can kiss. "But that's how all my other relationships ended." She said leaning on me. "Because all them niggas are pussy." I kissed her and she kissed me back. "We didn't we not judging other relationships. Aight?" I asked. "Yes big daddy." She hugged me. "You didn't even see big daddy yet." I laughed getting out the car with her. Lizzy start grilling Alyssa. I start piecing all my bros. "Whats good?" I asked them. "You know how we rock getting this money." Rex said eyeing Alyssa. "Aight. And this bae Alyssa, those the bros." I pointed them out. "Hey." She waved so innocent. Then we went back in the house. "Why those girls was staring at me?" She asked taking her jacket off. "That's my ex friends and the other one wanted to fuck with me even though she was my ex friend." I said. "Oh she got a reason to be mad then. I got friends too though so I know she don't want that problem. None of them do. Trust me." She rolled her eyes. "And you gangsta. Damnnnn I got me I winner." I climbed on top of her on the bed. "Awww." She blushed. I start kissing on her jawline unbuttoning her pants. "Sorry for the interruption. Take your son because Bella going with me somewhere." She said. Bella was on her chest in the baby carrier. "Damn." I mumbled. I got up and walked up to Nikki to hold Bella. "Hi stinky." I kissed her lips repeatedly. "You miss Dada?" I asked knowing she don't understand. "Nikki this my girl Alyssa, Alyssa this my baby mother Nikki." I introduced them. "Babies." Nikki said a little stank and I grilled her. "What?" She asked. "Nothing Nikki." I put Bella back in the baby carrier. "Lo diddy, what up boy?" I picked him up. "What's good?" He asked and I start laughing. "Later Lo mommy love you." Nikki left out. "You see daddy new girl friend." I said. "Daddy you always got a new girlfriend." He said and I start laughing. "What I told you them other girls were?" I asked. "Thots." He shook his head and Alyssa starts laughing. "He is too much." She laughed. "Dad she pretty." Angelo smiled. "Thank you and you cute too." Alyssa smiled. He smiled. "Babe let's go to the store." I said. "Okay. Can I wear your Gucci slides?" She asked. "Yeah." I put them on her and we left out the house.