Good news and court pews. part 1

*H POV*
My vice like grip on Fred's hand got increasingly tighter with each second that the nurse spent speaking to us.
"... And then I will cast the spell and an aura will glow over your stomach. A red aura will indicate that you are unable to have children, whilst a blue will show that you can. Any questions?" She inquired not unkindly.
"Will it hurt her at all?" Came from Fred at the same time that I asked
"Are other colours possible?"
She smiled at us weakly, obviously sensing our distress.

"it wont hurt a bit, although, I will warn you to expect a rather cold tingle. A bit like a muggle ice-pack. now as for your other question miss Granger... There is one other possible colour which would be purple. Now I sure that you can guess that with red being negative and blue being positive ,that purple would be a middle ground, yes? well that's exactly what it is. A purple glow will indicate that it can't be told if you are able to have children or not. But rest assured that it doesn't appear often. in my 25 years here I've only seen it twice. it's extremely rare, but I thought in your case it would be best to inform you. Now, if that's all, shall we begin?"

we nodded, albeit reluctantly.

she handed me a small vial of calming draught and asked me to lie back on the bed.

I did so and preceded to close my eyes . Tightly. Unable to look.

It was because of this that I didn't expect the harsh coldness that suddenly enveloped my abdomen, or the sudden tightness of Fred's hand in mine. it was a few moments before he wheezed out.

" 'Mione, look."

and so, one eye at a time, I did.

Blue.

And I was ecstatic. hot tears of joy travelled down my beaming face in quick succession. each one following the last before it had a chance to move even an inch. I turned faster than I knew possible and leaped into Fred's unsuspecting frame. The nurse giggle at our antics before excusing herself to give us some privacy. I looked into Fred's eyes to see them mirroring mine. flushed red and tearfully joyous.

"we-we're- we're going to be parents one day Fred can you believe it?!"

if it was possible his face turned even happier. I thought the realisation had finally sunk in. but then....

"I CALL DIBBS ON NAMING OUR FIRST ONE!"

"WHAT? FRED NO,HOW ON EARTH IS THAT FAIR? HOW ABOUT YOU NAME THE MIDDLE NAME AND WE BOTH CHOOSE THE FIRST TOGETHER?"

He hoisted me off of his lap and dropped me unceremoniously onto the bed.

"NOPE I CALLED DIBBS. IT'S BASICALLY THE LAW YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THERE FIRST."

" ACTUALLY, I WIN, BECAUSE IM PRETTY SURE I HAVE MORE SELF CONTROL THAN YOU WEASLEY!"  I smirked in triumph at his sudden sullen expression.

" you wouldn't?"

"oh believe me Fred, I most definitely would."

"Fiiiiinneeeee. we both pick the first name but the middle name is mine. its a good job I love you or else I mi- oh"

he turned to me slowly to check my reaction. all he saw was a smirk and  happiness in my eyes.

"aw Fred I didn't know you felt so strongly about me. it's a good job that I feel exactly the same. I love you Fred Weasley. " I said, putting as much emotion into the words as I could

"really?"

"really really." I responded. He leaned in and gave me a mind blowing kiss that I left my lips tingling for more.

"well isn't that a nice big step forward in our relationship?"

"Fred, we are currently sat in  nurses office fighting over baby names after finding out that I can have children. get some perspective." I joked.

"hey! its not like I asked if pre revolutionary France was in space!" he cried indignantly.

"How very true you are. if you had asked that then I may have taken you upstairs to one of the other wards."

"You wound me! it doesn't look like the nurse is coming back so lets just go, okay?"

"okay. but we have to check out first."

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

a few minutes later, as we stepped out hand in hand into the typical English weather, I remembered what was to come now.  A quick glance at Fred confirmed that he was thinking the same. For once I was glad that it was raining. I don't think I could handle what I was about to do with it being cheerful outside.

We were about to possibly condemn a man.

A man that I once called my best friend.

A man that Fred once called a brother.

*A/N*

Hi everyone! I hope this chapter is okay! the reason for it being part one is due to me adding the whole Ministry section sometime this week as its currently ten past eleven at night and I'm very tired lol! A hugeee high five to those who caught the doctor who reference in there! see you all in the next chapter. (which I promise will be soon!)

-TheSlytherinTimeladyfromStorybrooke x-x-x-x