Ep. 5- Something Old- Part one.

The Doctor and Mickayla burst through the TARDIS doors, slamming them shut behind them and leaning against them, breathing heavily after the ordeal they'd just been through.

            "That's was horrible, Doctor.  I'm so sorry, it was my fault..."

            "It was nobody's fault."

            "No, I should never have suggested it.  You told me that would happen." 

            "Trust me, I've had worse days."

            "Well, I don't see how things can could get worse than that."  She shook her head pitifully, and the Doctor  went up to the control panel.

            "Let's just never go back there."  The Doctor said over his shoulder.

            "But we have to!  I can't just leave them like that."

            "And why not?"

            "Because they're my family.  We have to visit again eventually."

            "Ugh, it's always the families."  He said in feigned disgust as he fiddled with the controls and looked at the monitor.  Mickayla continued.

            "I mean, two months I've been gone.  I think they're entitled to-"

            "Shut up."  He cut her off sharply.

            "'scuse me?"

            "Shut up."  She watched him read the monitor and she could hear a beeping that wasn't there before.

            "What is it?"  She asked, joining him at the console.

            "Distress signal."  He looked at her, trying to hide the pleading behind his eyes.

            "Oh, go on, then."  She told him, and he smiled as he started the TARDIS's flight.  

            They landed a rough landing, as usual, and walked out onto a suburban street of an alien town.  It surprised Mickayla a little more than it should have- it looked Earth enough.  Although it didn't seem it, the street had an air of abandonment, like everybody had just up and left for no reason.  However, she could see the signs of it here and there; someone's lawn furniture strewn across the front grass, a broken window, a boarded up door, little things.

           "Now isn't that strange..."  The Doctor said as he sonic-ed a few houses, Mickayla walking down the street.  He was too preoccupied with what he was doing to notice the thing up the side of one of the houses.

            "Hello?"  Mickayla noticed, though, and called to it.  It rolled into view- it kind of looked like some sort of robot, "Why hello, there.  Who are you?"  Mickayla asked the way one might ask a small child.

             "State your species."  It demanded in an disjointed voice.

            "Well, I asked first, but alright.  I'm human, and my name is Mickey."

            "Negative.  You will be exterminated.  EXTERMINATE!"

            "Mickey, get away from that!"  The Doctor slammed into her as it attempted to blast her.

            "Run!"  The Doctor grabbed her up and practically dragged her along.  She was relieved that it only moved on its slow setting.  The Doctor and his companion hid up between two houses a few blocks down.

            "What was that?"  Mickayla said, gasping for air.

            "Daleks.  Creatures of pure hate and bred to kill.  I'm sorry you had to meet them."