Prologue

Rafael and Angie walked the street with one arm around each other trying not to break down in the middle of the footpath, they heard their neighbours whispering to each other.

'did you hear? They lost their baby during birth.' 'oh how awful, and they were so happy when they found out that they were going to be parents.' 'they would of been the cutest parents. Did they find out if it was a boy or a girl?' 'apparently it was a boy but one of his lungs hadn't formed and the nurses couldn't get the poor thing to breath properly.' 'it died gasping for breath. Hopefully the poor thing is at peace now.' 'here, here.'

Rafael just glared at the gossiping neighbours as he consoled his wife who was now in tears. "it will be alright mi amor, we can try again latter or adopt, please don't cry any more." he said rubbing Angie's back and walked back to their house.

~~~~~~~ three weeks latter ~~~~~~~

Angie had barely left the house after that and when she did it was to tend to her cactus garden or to do washing. Two weeks ago Rafael started working at the local stone carvers and after work he bought the shopping so he can enjoy his wife's meals.

It happened on Rafael's day off, it had been raining for hours and then there was a nock at the door. Angie got up and answered the door only to find a black basket with something wrapped in a red blanket. "Dear! I think you should see this." she said before noticing the note on the blanket. "what is it mi amor?" Rafael asked as he walked up to his wife. "greetings my name is Marco and I hope you will take care of me, seeing as my mother and father is unable to." Angie read the note out to her husband, she looked up with tears in her eyes. "we can't leave the poor baby out here in the rain. If the mother want's to clam him back she knows where he is." Rafael said as he picked up the basket. "I think he is under fed, he feels to light." he said with worry as he went into the living room.

From a dark ally across the road four blue eyes watched as the couple took the child in. "stay safe my little Marco, we will meet again." said the four eyed creature before they created a portal, stepped in then closed it.