Of annoying little sisters

Hey guys! This is my first story on Wattpad, so please, bear with me, will you?
Also: I own nothing but this story, not the photos nor the characters or places created by the Queen Rowling!

James Sirius Potter opened his door and peeked into the hallway. It was two a.m. and everybody else in the house was asleep: Albus in his room down the hall and Lily in hers next to Albus's. Their parents, Harry and Ginny Potter, were out of town in some fancy evening party of their friend's and the kids's babysitter for the night, Teddy Lupin, was sleeping in his own room opposite James'.

Teddy wasn't, by blood, part of the Potter family, but he was Harry's godson and since his parents had died when Teddy was just a baby he spent most of his time at the Potters. Harry and Ginny of course felt as if Teddy was one of their own and Teddy loved them both very much.

When Teddy wasn't staying at the Potter manor or at their other houses Grimmauld Place 12 or the cottage at Godric's Hollow he spent time with his Nana Andromeda. Teddy was eighteen at the time and had just graduated from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Hufflepuff and Head Boy).

It was the beginning of the summer holiday and he had spent last few weeks with the Potters. But, as Teddy slept and dreamt of a blond, beautiful part Veela, James Sirius Potter tiptoed past his bedroom door and made his way into Harry's study. He knew he wasn't allowed to go in there because Harry sometimes brought dangerous things home from work to show them to Aunt Hermione or to inspect them further. And James knew that his Mum would go mental if she heard he had broken into his Dad's study but James was curious and when James Sirius Potter got curious about something not even his Mum could stop him.

James pick-locked the door and opened it, careful not to make a sound. His Dad had brought something new home yesterday and James was itching to know what it was. He observed his Father's desk and pulled a few drawers open. He knew what he was looking for and could only hope that his Dad hadn't taken it with him to that boring dinner party of Lavender and Cormac McLaggen's.

As Harry was the head of the Auror Department and Ginny the former star of the Holyhead Harpies and a chaser for England, it was often obligatory for them to attend parties they would rather not. They usually succeeded in saying "Thanks, but no thanks" but Lavender McLaggen could be very... er persuasive. So they had went, pitying themselves and whining, but went nonetheless.
And so, James Sirius had found himself with a rare opportunity: to observe and "borrow" something his Father usually, quite selfishly to James' mind, kept to himself.

Finally, James found what he had been looking for: a golden hourglass hanging from a chain, looking so fragile but still so interesting and enchanting. James observed the hourglass closely and maybe if he hadn't been so focused in the strange object he would have noticed sooner that he was no longer alone.

"Jamie, what are you doing in Daddy's study? It's in the middle of the night."
James startled as he heard his little sister's voice from the doorway.

He looked at Lily and tried to hide the hourglass behind his back.

Lily was rubbing her eyes, wearing her favourite pink pyjamas which had Golden Snitches on them and carrying her stuffed hippogriff under her arm. She had gotten it from Hagrid when she turned three and had been unable to fall asleep without it ever since. She had named the hippogriff Padfoot, much to everybody's amusement, for she had heard her Daddy mention the name and loved it instantly. And now she was standing in the doorway and ruining James' brilliant plan.

"Nothing. I'm doing nothing." Lily narrowed her eyes the same way their Mum did when she suspected that James had done something he shouldn't have. James cursed himself for Lily was only eight but she could still be as much trouble as their Mum.

"Just go back to sleep Lils, I'll come straight after you."
"No", said Lily stubbornly and crossed her arms. She was a head shorter than James but she could still make him feel uneasy just like their Mum. Lily even looked like Ginny, with freckles and her beauty, but her hair was more auburn than red, the same colour as Lily Evans had once had. And then she said the worst thing James could imagine in that situation:

"I'm gonna go wake Teddy."

James' heart stopped and he panicked, jumping in front of Lily and grabbing her arm.
"Lils, please don't. I swear I'm not doing anything bad and there's no point in waking Teddy up for nothing, is there.

"I don't believe you", Lily said and released herself from James' grip already running towards Teddy's room. James sprang after her. He reached her halfway and tackled her down to the floor, Lily squirming and whining under him.

"Let go let go let go!" She yelled and sometime during their struggle James lost his grip of the hourglass and dropped it on the floor. He was just about to grab it when Lily rolled over it and James heard a cracking sound. He winced. "Lilyyy, look what you've don-" he began, but was cut off as golden smoke filled the hallway and a second later, Lily and James Potter were nowhere to be found.

That's the first chapter! Please vote and comment! The next one will be up soon. Until then,
Ilona