James Sirius and Lily Luna Potter

Chapter 3

"My name is James and this is my sister Lils", James began.

"Full names please", said Dumbledore smiling pleasantly.

"Well... I'm James Sirius Potter and-" He could hear gasps echo in the room.

"P-Potter?" asked his Dad going pale.
"James Sirius?" asked Sirius Black smiling widely. James nodded to both. Snape snorted in the corner.

"Let the boy continue", said Dumbledore patiently.
"Um.. Yeah, so I'm James and Lils's full name is Lily Luna Potter."

More gasping could be heard in the room. James could see Snape's eyes widen at the mention of Lily's name. Annoying, greasy, bullying brat, Uncle Ron had described him. James had to agree with his Uncle.

"And how did you and your sister end up here James?"

"I'm not really sure", mumbled James looking down and refusing to meet Dumbledore's eyes.
"Do you know what happened Lily?" Asked Dumbledore smiling reassuringly at her.

Lily's face went red. She probably knew that they were not supposed to fight and that they would get into trouble if their Mum ever found out.

"It's okay Darling, you can tell him" said Gran Molly.

"I- I woke up in the middle of the night because I thought that I had heard something. So I opened my door and saw that the lights in my Daddy's study were on and I know that they aren't supposed to be on", Lils explained," And when I got to the door I saw James in there and Mummy and Daddy always say that we're not allowed to go in there without them so I told James that I would go and wake Teddy up and-"

"Who's Teddy?" asked Sirius.

Lily smiled a little.

"He sometimes lives with us and my Daddy is his Godfather. Teddy was watching us tonight because Mummy and Daddy went to a party."
"Go on Lily" Dumbledore told her.

"Well, Jamie didn't want me to tell Teddy that he had done something he was not supposed to do because Mummy would be really mad. Mummy always says that the things in Daddy's study are dangerous. And so Jamie and I got into a fight and then there was golden smoke and we were here." Lily nodded when she stopped telling her story.

"So James, what exactly were you doing in your Father's study in the middle of the night?" asked Dumbledore without any accusations in his voice.

"I was looking for something", mumbled James.

"And what were you looking for?"

"It was this golden trinket Dad brought home yesterday. Like a small hourglass or something like that."

They could hear Aunt Hermione gasp and she looked just like Rose when she was thinking something. James kind of hoped that Rosie would be there because she was so smart she would be able to tell what in the name of Agrippa was going on.

"And when Lils and I were fighting on the floor, I dropped it and Lily rolled over it and I heard it break."

Lily's eyes went wide. "Ooh Daddy's gonna be really mad at you now." She giggled a bit.

"Dad! What about Mum? She said she would hang me into one of the Quidditch hoops with my own guts if I ever went to that study without permission again." James could feel his whole body getting into goosebumps. People in the room shivered just thinking about it.

Lily was now laughing. "It is totally your own fault."

"I think you have had an unfortunate mishap with a time turner. Did you by any chance bring it with you?"