6 - William

"Guys, where's Jacob and Chloe?" I say after shooting one of the bombers, and while Benji, Derick and Matilda lead horrified bystanders to safety.

"I don't know." Juniper pulls out his gun.

How in the world did we miss them running off? Maybe they went after one of those bombers. I know their 'adults' now, but I can still boss and check on them since I'm older than them. "Uh... Ok, Juniper. Keep everyone else safe. I just need to go look for the kids."
"Sure!"
"Thanks!" I rush off, running through an alley. "Jake! Chloe!" At the end, there's a lake filled with chunks of blown up ships by the end of a parking out on the side.

"Chloe!" Jake screams.

He's not too far away from me. Probably at least four or five feet. "Jacob?"
Jake runs toward me from behind a building.

"Where were you? Where's Chloe?"
"Gone."
"What?" Oh man... Ethan's going to kill me now. It's bad enough he's mad about Chloe going with us to England for another mission.
Jacob begins speaking too quickly. "Dad, Chloe and I were on a roof, trying to stop this bomber. He threw a grenade at us, and then, he threatened to shoot us while we hung on to a chain-"

"Slow down... What happened to her?"
"She fell into the lake. Now she's gone."

We both stare at the lake. "Oh no..." This is the same thing that happened to her back with Owen- almost. She really has a lot in common with water now that I think about it.

PB