Untitled Part 49

A/N: HEY GUYS SORRY I've been busy I had a cafe party thing that I've been planning for weeeeeeeksss and its over now so I had time to edit this! so here you go! 

Hope you like it and hope this settles your DracoXReader moment thirst eue

____________________________________________________________________________________

       -One Month since the ending of the HBP and after the first Death Eater Meeting according to the calendar and the a bit before the beginning of the movie *nighttime*–

      The door creaks open and I lay still as possible. They check on me at this time right on the dot like clockwork. No one here really trusts me, they lie to my face pretending they believe I'm one of them but they know I'm not and I know I'm not either. With each step the floor boards creak softly and their faint breathing fills the room. My whole body itches to move from my spot, it takes every ounce of strength I can muster to keep still. I feel the presence move closer and I can feel the stinging of them staring, watching to see if I really am sleeping. My eyes long to open, to see who it was they always send to check on me but I glue them shut I don't need another reason to be distrusted. Finally, the footsteps become distant and the hinges of the door creak to a close.

     A sigh escapes from my lips and I peel my eyes open, my muscles relax and I sit up. Shedding the heavy bed sheets and swinging my legs to the side of my bed I make my way to plain ebony dresser that sits in the corner of my 'room'. I stare at my unhealthy looking self; I was so pale, the light from the green flames lit in the fireplace didn't make it look any better. I pull my hair into a ponytail and tug on it to tighten it. I pull out a trunk from under the dresser and open it quietly. I pull off the top layer of clothes I took from my old home and reveal some sentimental items I snuck in with me after they let me bring some things from my manor. Apparently, my parents had something Bellatrix wanted but she didn't tell me what it was. I had learnt better than to question her. I examine an old moving picture of my parents in their last year of Hogwarts. They look so happy I wonder if that would have been me and Draco if things didn't go wrong, if there wasn't a war. I break out of a trance, turn the picture over and look through the rest of the stuff I had collected. A necklace my dad gave me when I got my Hogwarts letter, a feather of a Hippogriff my brother sent me on my second year, and a few other things. I come across an envelope and pick it up slowly opening it though it was already open. I wiggle out a long folded piece of paper and unfold it gingerly. My certificate of adoption. Many times over I would hope Bellatrix was wrong about my parents, but when I found this in my parent's old truck along with some muggle things I must have brought along with me, it confirmed it. I was a muggleborn witch, I am not my parent's daughter, my brother is not my blood, and if anyone else knew the truth of my heritage I'd be dead or worse. Being a death eater and being given the privilege to be part of his plan was a gift for someone of my status. Or that's what Bellatrix reminded me when I didn't follow through with a mission I was given. The treatment I have been given is a kindness she says. If I ever did anything that displeased her she threatened to reveal my actual blood status. Blackmail.

     Footsteps from the hallway reach my ears I quickly shut my trunk, shove it under my dresser, and crawl under my sheets. I slow my breathing so I can clearly hear. There's a quiet murmur of a conversation, mere whispers on my end. I strain my ears to hear but it's no use. The footsteps rush away and leave the house in a suffocating still silence.

      I make my way down to the large dining area slowly, I hadn't been getting much sleep and it's catching up to me. Loud footsteps trail me and I whip around to see who it is, my eyes meet the stormy eyes of none other than Draco Malfoy. I've been quite good at avoiding him for the weeks past, considering we're living under the same roof that is. I quickly look away and quicken my pace. "Hey," He calls out to me making me stop dead in my steps.
    "What?" I don't turn to face him.
    "How long is this going to last?"
     "How long is what going to last?" My tone is stubborn, but I don't care.
     Draco huffs irritated his annoyance radiating from him furiously. "Quite messing around, you know exactly what I'm talking about." I turn my head slightly and stare him sternly. "How long are you going to avoid me?"
      "Forever sounds like a good start," I retort. Draco frowns and rolls his eyes. "It wasn't a joke Malfoy. I will avoid you as long as I can, I don't want to talk to you or even look at you." I say though oddly enough saying it felt like swallowing a stone.
     He bites his lip and looks away for a second and an airily quiet chuckle leaves his lungs and he focuses on the floor. "I guess I did deserve that..." I bite my tongue to keep from saying anything, being shocked by his reaction.
     "You did," is all I say with little emotion showing through.
    He looks up at me again, "Look I know I said things I didn't mean, some hurtful things bu-"
   "No Draco, making fun of someone is hurtful. Saying rude things to someone is hurtful. What you said and did was beyond hurtful. I thought for a moment before you were different, that you actually cared about me but in a split second you shattered my trust and made me feel like I was nothing."
    "I know and I'm sorry I really am." He says getting helplessly frustrated. "Just please forgive me."
    "Don't you get it? I already did forgive you...I forgave you before you even asked for it." His eyes light up for a moment and he looks confused. "What's done is done you can't fix it and not forgiving you would just be stubborn. But sorry is not an eraser and forgiving isn't trusting. I've had my trust broken by so many people I can't trust anyone anymore. Especially you." A silence settles in the room. Not an awkward silence, not a comfortable silence, just an empty thoughtful silence.
    "Things that are broken can be fixed," He says finally.
    "Not all things." I simply say and rush down the rest of the stairs before this conversation continues, and enter the dining area with Draco following closely behind. Bellatrix, Narcissa, and Lucius were already settled in and nearly finished. The whole atmosphere was completely awkward, I sit in my seat and rest my hand on the table to stable myself I started having an episode of dizziness again. My mind was spinning like a top driving me mad. I couldn't shake any of my thoughts, as if it wasn't irritating enough one thought stuck out more than the rest. Draco. I needed to push him out of my mind I had enough to deal with I didn't need him in my head wrecking me again.
    "Y/n," Bellatrix latches her hand to my shoulder and hisses my name. I snap my head up and realize all eyes were on me. Great, what the hell did I do now? "Did you hear anything I just said?" She frowns and her eyes darken to a scary shade.
    My mouth goes dry and my throat tightens, I feel myself shrinking back into the seat and I shake my head. "No...I'm sorry," I answer pathetically. I mentally lecture myself for my sudden cowardliness and for showing weakness like this.
      Lucius, who has changed his entire attitude towards me knowing I was there that night in the department of mysteries, scoffs, "If that were the dark lord speaking to you, you'd be dead right now."
I look down at my untouched food and mutter under my breath, "I wish I were right now." I see from the corner of my eye Lucius fuming, Narcissa held his hand over the table to calm him and she whispers something quietly to him. Bellatrix sighs loudly and leans back into her seat, one hand lazily draped over the corner of her seat and with the other she held her wand which she examines twisting her wrist.
      "You have been given a chance," She speaks up.
     "To what?" I ask furrowing my brows.
    "To prove your worth and loyalty to the dark lord," Bellatrix answers. My stomach twists and churns a storm welling up inside of me. My hands shake uncontrollably. I'm stuck if I do whatever this is I'll officially been seen as one of them, if I don't I'll be killed...or worse expelled (A/N: I HAD TO XD).
"I don't have to prove anything," A bit of stupidity raged through me and before I could stop myself my bloody big mouth opened.
     Bellatrix cackles looking at me the way a mad scientist looks at a helpless animal that is wrapped around its finger. "Did you hit your head on the way down from your room?" She snorts, a crazed look in her eyes she takes a butter knife in hand and stabs the table cloth (A/N: Was it mahogany?). Her eyes flash with anger, she flicks her wand and I fly backwards landing hard on the wooden back of my chair and groan. She grips my wrist and yanks me to my feet. "If you want to keep this hand, you will do well to remember not to ever speak out of line again." She hisses. "Is that clear?" I nod my head trying to pulling my wrist from her grip. She digs her nails into my flesh and I yelp. "I said," She huffs,        "Is that clear?"
    "Yes," I yell and she releases her grip on my wrist.
   "Good," She sneers and mutters 'mud blood' under her breath so only I can hear it. I rub my wrist and wince.
    "What do I need to do..." I ask.
    She smiles a sick smile and I can already feel my heart plummet to the pit of my stomach. "You'll find out tonight." Bellatrix wipes the corner of her lip and walks pass me. "Clean yourself up," she says shoving me out of her way. I don't look at the Malfoys feeling embarrassed to be seen in such a pitiful pathetic manner. Not because they were Important but I don't need them to see me like a dog that's been kicked too many times.
     I leave the room with the slam of a door and march to my room. I sit with my back on the door and run my finger over my wrist. I cringe in pain, red liquid trickle from half circle marks in my skin leaving a burning sensation.
    Someone knocks on the door and I ignore it. "Y/n open the door." I recognize the voice immediately. I stay silent and bring my knees to my chest. He waits a moment but is rewarded with no reply. "I'm coming in either," He says and pushes on the door. I push all my weight on the door but he as he always has been is just physically stronger than me and he inches the door open.
    "Just go please," I look down staying in a ball trying to make myself as small and closed up as possible.
   "Shut up," He says and kneels in front of me. "Give me your hand, and don't give me any of your stubborn hard-head crap right now." I glare at him for a moment and give in slowly stretching out my wrist. He gingerly holds my wrist and stares at the wounds for a second, sighs. "Your mouth is always getting you into trouble." He says tiredly and gets up rummaging through my dresser drawers. He comes back and dabs my wrist with a napkin cleaning up the blood. I cringe; involuntarily I pull my wrist away. He pulls my wrist back towards him and continues his forehead wrinkles a bit just between his eyebrows the way it does whenever he concentrates on something. "Stay still" He crumples the napkin and set it next to his side then rubs a liquid of some sort on the cuts. He blows on it to dry it a bit and tightly wraps a bandage around my wrist several times and neatly ties the ends.          "There," He lifts his head color rushes to my cheeks as I realize how close we were. I study his face, it was the first time I actually noticed how tired he looks. He catches me staring longer than I should, I mentally scold myself.
    He gets up clearing his throat and heads for the door. "Malfoy," I call him. He stops for moment and looks at me hopefully. I open my mouth to say 'thank you' but the words won't leave my throat. "Never mind," I mutter and he looks sadly at me leaving the cold room.