Five | Offer

22:45

“I’m not an assassin! Why the hell do you think I’d be able to do something like this?” she demanded, rising from her seat in order to look at him squarely.

“Oh?” Ford tilted his head to the side in confusion. “You are a debt collector, and a Dealer. You intimidate, harm and kill those who do not pay their debts don't you?”

Vivienne tossed the file to the floor, “I don’t kill them!” She grit her teeth at his assumption, moving around the chair and making her way towards the door.

“Of course not, because if you had they wouldn’t have been able to pay, and without payment you lack the necessary tools to help that person, don’t you?” He leaned down, picking up the folder, replacing the papers neatly, before he rose.

She had stopped moving. Vivienne turned around ever so slowly, her hands clenched tightly into fists. “What do you know about that?”

Ford smiled, “I know a lot more than you might think, dearest Vivienne. Now, if you take on this request I’ll pay you, of course.”

Harley watched silently, watching the change in Vivienne’s expression. Despite how much he wanted to speak, he said nothing. He knew his advice would be worth nothing.

“How much?” she demanded.

Ford glanced at the file in his hands, “If you manage to complete half of this folder within two years, I’ll give you enough to cover the hospital fees.” He offered it to her. “The other half will grant you enough to cover the other costs if there should come a time that you would need that extra.”

“Is there a deadline?”

“Only the first half need be completed in two years. The others, well, you can take your time.”

Vivienne hesitated, before she began to reach for the folder. “I accept.”