The Pier

Since, Olivia went with Leo and Adam didn't get his car, he joined me.

"Why are we going to the pier? No one told about it before." The silence was killing me so I decided to make a conversation. It wasn't like I was bothered about why I wasn't informed about this plan before. It was just that I wanted something to talk about.

"Leo made it at the last moment. He said he wants to have some more time spent. With us. After proposing Olivia. With all of us. Together. You know." He said monotonically.

"I got it." I raised my hands and said. I wrapped my arms around me and moved my attention to the song playing.

The Pier was light up with white flowers and lights between them. The lanterns added up perfectly along with everything. The wind was light and soothing. The waves beneath the pier were splashing. The pillars supporting the pier were being hugged by the waves after every now and then. I just wanted to jump into the waters but then I reminded myself how it was a bad idea as I did not know how to swim.

"Enjoying?" Adam's booming voice fell into my ears and pulled me out of my string of thoughts.

"Where are the others?" I beamed. I was enjoying a lot actually. My face was giving it away, easily.

"They will be here in any moment." He was now standing very close to me. I hesitated a bit. It was clear that we both had a thing for each other but this topic never came out. He never said anything, neither did I. In spite of the hesitation, I could feel a calmness between us. This made me realise that we have never been alone like this ever.

"Emma!" Adam whispered.

"Mhmm." I whispered back. He pointed at something behind me at the end of the pier. I turned back to look at what he was showing.

"Oh my God! Seriously?" I shouted and ran towards the sofa which was an exact replica of the one they had in F.R.I.E.N.D.S. A lamp was placed besides just like they had it in the credits of the TV show. I landed on the sofa.

"Olivia is going to have the best proposal ever! Why wasn't I made a part of this plan? Whose plan it was? This is amazing. I can't wait to see Olivia's expression when she sees it."

"I have seen it already." I saw Olivia walking towards where I was sitting with Leo behind. She gave her big smile. Adam sat next to me.

"In all my life, I never thought that I would be so lucky. As to.. As to…fall in love with.. Okay! Okay! I'll do it!  Oh God, I thought… Wait a minute, I-I can do this. (Pause) I thought that it mattered what I said or where I said it. Then I realized the only thing that matters is that you, (Pause) you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And if you will let me.. We could both take it till the end and I will spend the rest of my life making you feel the same way. If you let me, we might marry one day. So?"

"Adam!" I clapped.

"Emma." He said.

"Oh my God! Adam! You did so well. You looked exactly like Chandler at this moment. You are an amazing actor."

"Emma!" Olivia joined. "You are stupid. So stupid. He proposed you. It was a proposal and not an reenactment of 'The one with the proposal' episode." As Olivia stopped talking, I looked at Adam. His face was in disappointment. I don't know what was going on.

"It was a proposal and not the lines from Chandler's proposal to Monica. Shìt! I thought you were just enjoying the feeling of the setup here. I am so stupid. I am. I spoiled everything.. I.." Before I could say anything further, Adam was already on his knees in front of me.

"It's okay. Well, now you know. So, will you be my girlfriend?" He looked at me and smiled, waiting for my answer.

In my response, I kissed him.

"It's a yes!" I heard Leo. Adam kissed me back. I could hear cheers from behind. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I didn't knew that all of our friends from college were there. I was almost into tears when Adam hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Let's have some coffee!" Olivia signalled back at the other friends.

"We have our Mondler, here!" Someone shouted.

"They are our Emdam." Chadwick, one of Adam's friend declared.

"You knew?" I asked Olivia as she came to congratulate me.

"You think you are the only one to keep secrets for surprises, huh?" She hugged me. "I am so happy for you. Finally, you guys are together and your hide and seek game of your feelings is over."

"I love you." Adam hugged me from behind and whispered in my ears.

"I have the same deep regards for you Mr. Comwell." I teased him. He tickled me in return. I couldn't control my laughter. He laughed along with me. It was such a perfect moment where everyone was happy. I wished everything to be this way forever as Adam leaned in to embrace me into a sweet, full of love kiss.