Chapter 3: smile

Doctor Lester strides down the hallway with a timid Dan behind him, looking at the non familiar white hallway, contrasting to it due to the amount of black Dan wears.

Suddenly Dr. Lester halts and turns around to look at Dan. He smiles widely, his shiny white teeth shining at Dan. Dan nervously looks away, not comfortable with his new surroundings. 'This is just a one time thing' Dan said to himself as he looked to to smile back at him.
The dentist pulls the keys out of his pockets, noticing they weren't color coded like the keys usually were around here. He slowly puts the key in and Dan squirmed when the hears the 'click'. Doctor Lester looks back at him and chuckles, then pushes the door open with a creak.
Dan watches him walk into the room, it seemed pretty normal. Dan chuckled and walked in and said to himself 'Why am I so nervous? He seems to be no harm, and if doesn't do what Dr. Posey usually does, I can always come back.'

"Would you lay down for me Dan? I'll start getting set up." His blue eyed dentist said. Dan nods his head rapidly and jumps into the chair, smiling at the familiar feeling. Home.
Dan watches him pull bags out of drawers and putting utensils down onto the tray, and he doesn't pay attention to what was in the bags. He scrolls through his phone, until Dr. Lester clears his throat. Dan looks up and locks his phone, seeing he was ready for the teeth cleaning. The bags were sitting on the counter and the print was too small to read for Dan.

"I'm so sorry Dr. Lester! I wasn't paying attention, silly me, wait- is that bubblegum?" Dan questions and looks to see doctor Lester chuckle and nod his head yes.
"Do you want the television on Daniel?" He asks, walking over to Dan and he lowered his chair.
Dan smiles and shakes his head "No thank you." Doctor Lester bit his lip and grew a serious face. "Let's turn on the tv Dan." He spits out with a forced smile. He leans up just a few feet away from him and turns on the tv.

'What's his deal?' Dan thought as he heard the tv flicker on, a televised bible study was blaring. Dan winced at how loud it was, he couldn't even think straight. "EPHESIANS 6:11 "PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD, THAT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO STAND AGAINST THE SCHEMES OF THE DEVIL" the group yelled through the tv. The loudness didn't phase Dr. Lester as he smiled and sat down beside Dan, who was cringing. "EPHESIANS 6:11 "PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD, THAT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO STAND AGAINST THE SCHEMES OF THE DEVIL" it repeated, Dan desperately wanting to know why the tv was repeating such a verse and that Dr. Lester doesn't seem to mind. 

"Could you turn it down?! Is it broken?" Dan yelled and he just looked at him and chuckled again. 'Okay, this is off' Dan said to himself as he heard it once again. He jumped up and tried to turn the off button, but to his terror it wouldn't turn off.

"Get back in the chair." Dr. Lester hissed. Dan carefully sat back down, wishing he never came.
Doctor Lester stood up and went over to his clean counter, littered with filled plastic bags. He ripped open 3/7 bags and all of it was cotton balls. Dan was confused but didn't question because he didn't feel like screaming. 'What really is going on' he thought as the Dr. walked over to him and smiled. He placed the cleaner into the younger boys hands and said "Do it yourself" Dan barely could hear him but he nodded, not asking why. Why wasn't he asking? 

He put it in his mouth and smiled. Bubblegum. He flinched as the bible verse again repeated itself... Maybe Doctor Lester doesn't mind because he's religious? He felt something around his ankle, he looks down to see him putting restraints on. "WHAT ARE YOU DOINGH?" Dan screamed with his mouth sticky. He sat up and threw the cleaner, trying to reach for Doctor Lester as he smiled and payed no attention as he tightened them. He was stuck.