Chapter Five

Regina dove into the water. Her body was tense as she entered the water. It wasn't as bad as she had expected. She was too focused on saving Emma to pay attention to how cold it was anyway.

"Emma!" she called, swimming as fast as she could downstream. Regina saw the flash of blonde again, closer now. "Emma!" she yelled when Emma's head was above water. She got a little scream in return. She was gaining on Emma very quickly. She took hold of Emma's arm and pulled her closer. Looking at Emma's face, she noticed that her skin was a slight bluish-purple hue, her eyes were shut and her mouth was slightly opened. She whispered Emma's name and slightly shook her shoulders, Emma coughed up a bit of water in return.

"Come on; let's get you out of the water." Regina dragged her to the shallow water, slipping occasionally on the rocks under her feet. She pulled Emma onto the shore, grabbed her long, black coat and wrapped it around her and attempted CPR. She glanced over Emma's limp body. She was covered in bruises and scrapes, a long one etched into her thigh, but she was still breathing. She would have used magic but she had already been drinking and all magic did come with a price.

Emma spit out a bit of water but Regina knew she couldn't give Emma the help she needed. She put on the rest of her clothes and picked up Emma and her clothes too. It wasn't going to be easy to carry the soaking wet Emma back to the car but it was something that had to be done.

As she had expected, it wasn't easy to carry Emma back to the car. It took Regina about fifteen minutes to carry Emma what would have normally been a two minute walk. She opened the front door with one arm and rested Emma on the seat, sighing and stretching. She moved around to the driver's side and pushed the seat back so she could maneuver Emma to the back seat. After she repositioned Emma she went to sit behind the wheel. Who could help her with Emma? The hospital maybe? She dialed Dr. Whale... no answer. She'd have to just take Emma back to her house and try to fix her up herself.

A thought suddenly popped into her head- the security camera tape! Had Gold called her while they were at the river? She checked for any missed calls. There were two from Gold.

"Hello, Regina. I have the footage. You can come to the shop and watch it with us whenever you have the time, I know you're busy. Goodbye." Mr. Gold's voice said from the small speakers of Regina's phone.

"Shit," she muttered, leaning back in her seat. She reached back and pulled out another beer and downed quickly. The stress was really overwhelming her. What had she gotten herself into now?

A/N: I know this chapter is kind of short and messy but I wanted to update so here it is. I hope you like the story so far, thanks for reading. :)