chapter one ; saved

"Peter?" A voice called from behind the door, followed by a couple of vigorious knocks, trying to wake him up through the noise. "Wake up!"

He groaned underneath his pillow, already awake and annoyed, then complained, "It's Saturday, Aunt May!"

"You must be dreaming! It's Wednesday!" She replied with her footsteps emerging behind the door, leaving. He frowned and he remembered what happened last night. He got distracted too much that he forgot something.

"Oh, shit, my homework," he cursed quietly, his eyes are now open due to the realization that hit him.

Peter sprinted down the hallway of his school, his backpack bouncing against his back, the hem of his jacket syncing with the wind. He was frantic and in rush. He forgot to write an essay about love. Everyone at the hallway started to enter their rooms for their first period of class. And he reached the room where his first class will be held at, he quickly entered with his head down, but he was slowed down by the voice of his professor.

"Parker, you are late."

He scratched the back of his neck as he took his seat and set down his bag beside him on the floor.

"I apologize, sir."

Then his professor waved him off, "Katerina, please collect their homeworks."

Peter cursed another colorful word to himself. He has nothing to give and detention will be his destiny. He got nervous when his fellow classmate is getting near him as she collects their papers. There he saw her, Dennise, who has her head lowered and holding a pen above her open notebook.

Probably, she's doing some doodles, he thought. The girl also loves to draw, which he also liked about her. They are almost near to each other, but someone is sitting between them.

"Peter?" Katerina cleared her throat, raising an eyebrow and has the stack of papers holding near to him, waiting for him to drop his paper. He doesn't know how to react and for sure Dennise is looking at him along with the others.

"Do you have a homework or what?" Katerina asked loudly, she's rude and liked having such attention then embarass someone. Peter did not answer to her demanding question. "You don't have? Sir, he--"

"Wait, Kat." Dennise interrupted and Peter and the rest looked at her. She quickly searched through her bag and pulled out a piece of paper. "I have Peter's homework. He prioritized his essay first, so he gave it to me and pass it if he was going to be late for class."

Peter's reaction to her was detailed with shock and confusion and she understood it, nodding her head slightly to him.

"Yeah, I--I forgot about that." Peter sighed.

Katerina rolled her eyes and took the paper from Dennise's grip, mumbling, "It's not a convincing story. Believe me."

When Katerina moved to another row, Peter felt relieved. Well, the girl hated him, because he rejected her when she tried to flirt with him.

Dennise and Peter exchanged looks. He smiled with gratitude and she nodded in acknowledgement.

He wondered, what about her own essay? Did she made an extra for him again? Well she always does when he always forget.

After that, three periods passed by. Surprisingly, the school announced that it will be half-day for today for some reasons, so everyone is in joy.

Peter was looking for Dennise as he strolled down the hallway and suddenly saw her arranging her books into her locker. She seemed to be in hurry and he wondered why.

"There you are," he said and approached her, pressing his side against the lockers. "Again, I'd like to thank you for saving me."

"You are very welcome, pretty boy." She teased with a smirk, causing him to huff. She gently closed her locker and locked it.