* chapter four ; mystery

"So why are we going to Germany? And who are they?"

She broke the silence between them all, also referring to the two person sitting at the front seat who have a cap on to keep their identities hidden.

She received no answer, but silence. She is getting impatient.

"Look, I know that I didn't joined any dumb contest online." She added, looking at Scott, who is trying his best to keep his 'innocent' facade on going, "What is going on?"

"Oh, by the way, Den," Scott cleared his throat and shifted on his seat, "Is there something you would like to share?"

"What do you mean?"

"Guys..."

When Scott said that, the two person took off their caps in unison, revealing who they really are, revealing their facial features more clearly and recognizable.

"Oh, my, my, my, god!"

"She's a fan. Sorry, teenagers do freak out always, right? She kinda worshipped you guys."

Dennise knew this two person; Clint Barton and Wanda Maximoff. Part of the Avengers Initiative. She almost gasped, but contained it. She looked at Scott who just shrugged.

"You didn't tell me!" She whispered to Scott, "Oh, my god!"

"I bet you know our names?" Clint asked and glanced at her. "And why you are here?"

Instead of continuing fangirling over the two Avenger, she realized that they will recruit her. She remained silent on her seat, trying to figure it out how to respond to this.

Are they going to recruit her? Did they know about her abilities? How?

"I think she said yes." Scott told Clint, answering for his speechless niece.

"Will you show her the footage?" Clint suggested and Wanda nodded.

Wanda handed the pad to Dennise as she started to watch the video. She saw a figure of a girl had been cornered by two men with lethal weapons. The footage was filtered in black and white and a bit blurred due to the oldness of the camera. As the first man took a step forward, she formed her hands, mirroring it in the same position and magical string emerged at the tips of her fingers and used it to strangle the two men.

The two men tried to fight back and defend themselves, but they ran out of breath and their bodies fell on the floor, pale and eyes were open yet lifeless.

That night was a bad memory that keeps haunting her everyday.

In her perspective, she was a murderer, but she knows that it's a self-defense, still, it got out of hand. Fear lead her to killing the two men.

"That's not me." She denied, disgusted to herself, and gave it back to Wanda with a frown plastered on her face, but it was obivous that the girl on the video is her.

"False," Wanda confirmed and her thick Sokovian accent matching is with the emotion she wanted to express, "Then show us your back that has three exact scars."

How did she know about her scars? It wasn't in the video, the scene where the two men cut her skin wasn't filmed, She thought again.

Dennise flinched. The girl before her can read her mind anytime, so there's nothing she could do. But she can't just give away the most important information in her life. She tried her best keeping it from everyone and she felt so exposed, wanting to escape her current situation.

Scott placed his hand above his niece's, comforting her, "Hey, it's ok. There is nothing to be afraid of. We understand why you did it. You are just protecting yourself. You are young and afraid--"