chapter two ; talks

From Baskin Robins, Dennise and Peter are now heading home. She tossed her empty cup into the trash, smiling to herself as she recalled the scene a while ago: she on his arms.

"So how are you and Ben?" He suddenly asked, while cleaning his sticky fingers by using a wet tissue.

"Really?" She huffed, annoyed, and he shrugged.

"I'm just wondering."

"Well, Peter, that asshole tried to use me as his past time, a rebound or whatever you call it."

"So he and his girlfriend broke up?"

"Exactly," she groaned slightly with bitterness in her tone, "he told me that he and I should be happy today if he chose me in the first place. But I'm not stupid to fall for that bastard again. He used these powerful words, but I'm wiser than before--"

"I love you?"

She looked at him, a bit surprised, "What?"

"I love you?" He confirms, referring to the powerful words she was taking about. She fell into silence, finding her words, not knowing how to response. "You alright? I mean if you are talking about the 'I love you' words, because those are powerful."

"Oh, yeah, right." She rolled her eyes to her inappropriate mind. "Those words, yes. He even asked me out to watch a movie with him."

"But how did you know that he was going to use you?"

"Well, I forced him to tell the truth by retelling our past to him. I think he felt guilty, so the end."

"But do you still love him?" He asked, expecting that she will say no and if she did, his hope will spark even more.

"No," she answered, "I don't and money can't buy my forgiveness right now."

"Any plans of revenge?" He grinned, because of her answer. "Forget that asshole, because there's a lot of men in the whole world you know."

"Yeah, but I'm contented being with you."

They are both surprised by this. She was even shocked by her own words. Her words betrayed her. They looked at each other at the same time and awkwardly looked away soon after.

"Because you're my bestfriend, my brother figure." She continued, faking a smile and hit his arm.

"Well, me too." He faked a smile. "You're like my sister too, 'ya know."

"Yeah."

"Yeah..."

So she has some feelings for him and. It seems funny to watch Dennise and Peter together, because they are acting like they don't love each other.

"Oh, we're already here. In front of your apartment." Peter announced.

"See you tomorrow, Peter." She smiled and pinched his cheek. "And thanks for the ice cream."

"Yet Baskin Robins didn't find out."

"Whatever." She chuckled, entering the building.

"Bye, Den!"

She just waved her hand in the air, not even looking at him and disappeared to the stairway. He was about to walk away, but he realized that he will end up bored at his apartment, and he will miss her, so making another choice, he quickly entered the building and used the stairs.

"Oh, Peter," it was Dennise who was walking toward him.

"Where are you going?" They asked in unison and chuckled.