Epilogue

It had been two weeks since Swara and Sanskar had left Kolkata behind and moved into Sanskar's flat in Mumbai. There had been times when Swara had felt low, but Sanskar had been keeping her distracted and engaged in something or the other. For her part, Swara had brought life into his dull flat just like she had done with him.

Around the time they packed up lock stock barrel to move away, Ragini too had called Sanskar. The depth of her father's deceitful ways had come out in the open by then and she have been left feeling even more suffocated. Feeling she had enough, she had called, asking if she could take him up on his offer to help. He had set her up with a friend of his, Parineeta, who was into retail merchandising. Parineeta stayed alone and was happy to have Ragini for company, as Ragini build her career.

It was evening. Swara had been sitting on the deck, in what was now their flat, looking out at the sea and the marine drive in the changing colors of the evening. She always felt a sense of peace doing it. Sanskar watched her, leaning against the sliding doors, that opened the living room onto the deck, before he brought them both a cup each of hot coffee and went to sit right next to her on the settee.

He handed her a cup. They both sat in silence for a while, sipping the warm coffee, when Sanskar broke the silence

"Marry me" he said. It wasn't a question. It was more a statement.

She turned to look at him. Gazing into his eyes for a minute, she softly asked him "Why?"

"Because I love you and you love me" he said simply

She looked away "What if I cannot give you as much love as you deserve?"

Sanskar knew this was her pain rising through, posing questions and concerns in her mind, rather than her heart or soul having any doubts. He had been there himself.

"You know love is a funny thing" he said softly, looking at her, even though she was looking away "You cannot force yourself to love someone more than what you really feel for them" he paused a second before continuing "Just as you cannot force yourself to not love someone enough when your heart in overflowing with so much love for them that it can no longer be hidden or contained"

Swara hadn't turned around to look at him yet, he gently touched her face and turned it around so that she was looking into this eyes. Her eyes had began tearing up at his words.

"Swara" he said softly touching his forehead against hers "I know we have been touched by pain more than most, but that hasn't stopped us from loving each other and it never will. I can understand your fear; I have been through it. I know it too well. You can never ever love me less that what I deserve, do you know why?" he asked her softly, kissing her lips gently before continuing "Because your every important thought revolves around me. I exist in your every heart beat. I flow through your every breath. I am so embedded into your soul that you cannot see me as different from yourself."

"Sanskar" Swara said softly, overwhelmed by his words.

Sanskar gave her a teasing smile before adding "But if you still aren't interested, I am sure Ragini would be keen" As if through some telepathy, his phone beeped to indicate he had a message. He unlocked it to realize it was from Ragini "See. She is keen" he said without really bothering to read the message.

Swara narrowed her eyes at him. She snatched his phone and threw it away on one of the chairs next to the settee, not bothered if it broke, straddling him as she sat on his lap.

"If Ragini knows what is good for her, she will keep her hands off you and stick to only being friends" Swara told him, before warning him "As for you, if you so much as look at another girl, I will have your forehead tattooed to read 'I belong to Mrs Swara Sanskar Maheshwari'"

"Swara Sanskar Maheshwari, huh?" Sanskar said beaming at her

"What else would I be once we get married?" Swara said, making it clear that it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You don't get it do you?" Sanskar commented through his smile, his thumb gently brushing along her jaw, even as his other arm was wrapped around her waist supporting her as she sat in his lap.

"Get what?" She asked softly, blush creeping on her cheeks at his touch.

"That you have always been Swara Sanskar Maheshwari. You were made for me" Sanskar said, as he leaned in, kissing her deeply, letting her know that he belonged to her. Only her. 

If you do like this story or any of its chapters, please do remember to vote. Thanks.