First (Play) Date

dedicated to fatheralden and aandmfangirl, Bully hazelnsm and Pomsky Yxtxdxe , and to everyone who wanted me to expand the D&L. more to come, my friends.

(random updates)

- A

---

"Do you have everything? Baka may makalimutan ka, mahal pamasahe pabalik diyan," RJ teased as he and Abby watched Maine pack her stuff back into her suitcase. She was finally going home. Abby reached for her on the screen then pouted when she didn't feel Maine's cheek. They've been video chatting since Maine arrived in L.A., and when the father and daughter flew to New York, they stayed in touch. Unlike Maine, RJ and Abby only stayed for a week so they didn't get the chance to reunite in the States. Maine struggled to close the zipper because even though she brought half of her closet, she still went shopping and ended up with ten bags after.

"Alam mo, ikaw..." Maine huffed. "Asar ka eh. Ibato ko sa'yo tong maleta ko, makita mo."

"Bad yun. Abby oh, Mumma said she'll hit me. That's bad, diba?"

"Baba Mumma!"

"Pwede ba, RJ, wag mong turuan yang anak mo ng kung ano-ano," Maine lectured. "pag yan naging pasaway paglaki, bahala ka diyan."

"Pano magiging pasaway kung lagi mong papangaralan? Tutulungan mo naman ako to raise her up accordingly, right Mumma?" RJ goaded. Maine ignored him and continued to pack her necessities.

"Tsaka sure ka ba na ayaw mong sunduin ka namin? Para sana di ka na mahassle," he offered. Abby pulled on his sleeve and sucked her lips. RJ gave her a milk bottle and she started to drink.

"Hindi na, kaya ko na. Tsaka baka ikaw pa mahassle, ang layo kaya ng bahay mo sa airport at sa bahay ko. Mata-traffic ka lang kaya thanks but no thanks," she explained. "Oh siya, goodbye na. Patulugin mo na yang anak mo, it's way past her bedtime."

"Mumma," Abby yawned. "Lab."

"Goodnight, Abby. Sleep well."

"Kith."

Maine smiled softly as she kissed the screen and watched as Abby's eyes slowly shut off. A few seconds after, Abby fell asleep.

"You should go and finish packing, baka makaistorbo ako sa'yo. Good morning to you, Maine," RJ said.

"Good night to you, RJ. Bye," she replied.

"Walang kith?"

"Wala kaya matulog ka na," she giggled.

"Fine. See you, be safe."

Maine disconnected the call and that was the last time they talked.

---

Maine typed as fast as her fingers can, her eyes planted on the screen and on it only. She's been feeling a bit anxious ever since she got back from L.A. three weeks ago. Her mind has been nagging at her non-stop about the Faulkersons.

She fit right in with them, like she's the missing piece of their puzzle and when they found her, they refuse to let go. That made Maine nervous and jittery. They've been video chatting everyday since she's arrived for Coachella, and when she flew back, she started to deliberately fail answering his calls or completely ignore it altogether.

Both the father and the daughter made her scared, the kid more so. Maine likes RJ, there's no denying that. She likes Abby and maybe the child likes her a little bit too much. "Mumma" was what she called her, and although Maine loved it, she didn't want to break the little one's heart if she and RJ don't work out.