Lessons

hello everyone! first of all, i would like to thank all of you for your patience and support to our Blackout. second, i'm sorry if this chapter isn't much. blame writer's block. third, i hope you still enjoy it!

tweet me @AngelPazzzz !

---

"No."

RJ laughed as he sat little Chris, aged 2, on the highchair and gave him a toy to play with. Chris' attention panned from his father's face to the toy boat he now possesses in his hands.

"Wala pa 'kong sinasabe ah," the husband chuckled. "Mind reader ka ba?"

"Again, no. and for the hundredth time, no," Maine replied as she kissed his cheek and sat beside him. "Abby! Breakfast na!"

Footsteps were heard from the stairs as their daughter ran down to get to the dining room. Calla Abigail, now 7, sat opposite her mom, with her dad on the head of the table and her brother beside Maine, who started feeding him.

"What did I tell you about running down the stairs, Abby?" RJ asked, putting on his strict-Dad face. The child bowed her head and muttered an apology.

"That it's not safe and I might miss a step and fall down. That accidents can happen anytime, so be careful. I'm sorry, Dad," Abby said. RJ smiled and patted her head, lifting her chin up.

"Good. So please, ate, don't do it again. Okay? Kain na."

Maine and RJ started calling her Ate when they confirmed to her about Maine carrying a baby inside her.

"I'm going to be the best big sister in the world! I'll teach him how to walk and draw and talk and we'll be together always!"

"Sana panindigan niya yan when the baby comes. Good luck to her," RJ whispered to Maine then, who hit him back.

When Christian Adolf was born, it took Abby approximately three hours before she got irritated with her brother's wails. She was seated on the sofa and was holding him with RJ on supervision and Maine napping.

"Dada, kunin mo na si baby," she said and her father took him from her arms. RJ gently swayed Chris to calm him down from crying. "Dada, bakit di siya magstop crying? Kanina pa siya eh."

"Because he doesn't know how to talk yet, so hindi niya masabi kung anong kelangan niya. He cant say if he wants milk or if he's uncomfortable, so he cries," he explained.

"Titigil ba siya pagcry?"

"Oo naman. When he's settled, he'll stop na," RJ chuckled and Chris wailed again; Abby winced and covered her ears.

"Dun po muna ako kay Mama. My ears hurt na po eh," she said then went to Maine, climbing up the bed and laid beside her. Maine opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Abby snuggling to her. The child fell asleep within seconds.

"Best big sister pala ha. Hindi nga matiis yung pag-iyak eh," RJ whispered and his wife (HIS WIFE!) laughed with him.

"Hayaan mo na. She'll get used to it once nakauwi na tayo," she answered then fell back to slumber. Abby did get used to Chris' cries, but it took three months. She'd play with him when he's calm; making silly faces or just talking. But once he cries, Abby runs out of the room which her parents found hilarious.

Now though, Abby would be the first to coo at her baby brother when he's not okay, like the best big sister she is.

"Mahal..." RJ whispered as he started eating. "Mahal."

"Later, Mahal," Maine winked and continued to feed Chris. Abby ate her cereal, observing her parents then shrugged. They always whisper anyway, nothing new.