Surprise

sorry for waiting for so long for an update. medyo wala ako sa katinuan, peace. 😅

author's note:

i decided to make time jumps in each chapter so in this update, RJ is 31, Maine is 28 and Abby is 4. enjoy! 😊

---

RJ reached out to the left side of the bed to hug Maine but felt a small hand instead. He cracked one eye open and saw Abby in the same position as he is, face down, mouth open and limbs spread out.

he sniffed and smelled food in the air. Maine must’ve woke up early. He rolled over and stretched.

“Dada,” he heard a whisper. He turned to his daughter and she’s woken up as well. He smiled and poked her cheek. “Likot ikaw.”

“Sorry, baby. Nagising ba kita?” he laughed.

“Yes po pero may sthool po ako today so yey!”

RJ chuckled as his daughter hug him in excitement. He and Maine decided to enroll Abby in preschool, with Coleen as her teacher. The child was nervous on her first day but when they fetched her to go home, she talked nonstop about her new friends and the toys they had in there. She’d be sad in the weekends because she wouldn’t get to play with Liah and Noemi, her classmates and declared best friends. She’d throw tantrums and cry but she’s slowly getting used to the fact that Saturdays and Sundays meant no school. Maine made friends with the kids’ parents so she can plan playdates for the children. Maine was the more active one in school-related stuffs since her sister was working there. Parent-Teacher meetings, fieldtrips and acts; she was there when RJ couldn’t make it. Sometimes, he’d be sitting with her but due to the work he had (his business was booming, ever since Maine helped him draw new designs for his furniture), he would just call her to apologize for not making it. He’s really grateful he has Maine.

“You should go take a bath now, para di ka malate. Don’t forget to brush your teeth like you did last time, okay? Magbihis ka na din right after, ako maghahatid sa’yo.”

“First time, dada! Finally, makikilala na ikaw ng classmates ko! Yehey!” Abby jumped on the bed, gave her dad a quick kiss on the cheek and ran to her own bathroom. It took RJ another five minutes of stretching before he got up himself.

Maine was busy in the kitchen when he finished dressing up. Her hair was up in a towel, her blouse was unbuttoned on the top 2 ones and her skirt still looked wrinkled, like it was ironed in a fast pace. She doesn’t have any make up on. She flipped the last egg on the bread with a ham on and sandwiched it with a slice of cheese and another bread before wrapping it up in tissue and putting it on Abby’s lunchbox. RJ smiled as he silently slid up behind her and wrapped his arms on her waist. Maine jumped slightly then giggled.

“Good morning, Mahal,” he greeted. Maine turned around in his embrace and kissed him square on the lips.

“Breakfast is ready. Drink your coffee na bago lumamig. Si Abby?” she asked as she fixed his tie.

“Nasa-“ kiss “taas pa.” kiss “We have-“ kiss “plenty of time.” He said in intervals as he devoured his girlfriend’s full lips. Maine kissed back for a few seconds before pulling away. He tried to plant another one but she stopped him by pulling his pucker in her fingers.

“No, we don’t have time. I still have to do my make up, Mahal. Magtatampo si Abby if I don’t swipe my lipstick of the day on her, you know how she is with us having matching looks,” she laughed as she ducker under his arm.
“Eat while I get ready. I already did. Oh and your baon is in the paper bag, please don’t forget it this time. Sayang pagkain. Kung ayaw mo nung ginawa ko, ibigay mo sa pulubi na madadaanan mo.”