Visiting Family

3rd Person POV
After spending time taking care of Dick for a while, Jo decided that it was time to change. Literally.

She took her car home and got changed as it was already 8 PM. After she ate her dinner, she got into her Nightmare suit which consists of a black, long-sleeved one-piece lined with kevlar with a red flame-bird silhouette symbol, under-the-knee high combat boots with red stripes on the top opening, and a domino mask. The suit covered from her neck to her thighs so her knees were uncovered. She wears a black, flat, chest plate that made it look like she had a flat chest and she wears a black baseball cap with the tip a bit sideways, and she tucks her hair in the cap so she looks like she has short hair. It had a writing on it which said, "Nightmare" in red and italic letters. She also wears a dark red leather jacket unzipped. She has a black utility belt which held all her stuff like her darts, throwing disks, smoke pellets and more. She has two thigh straps to hold her pistols and fans. Her main weapons are her metal hand fans. They have sharp tips and are made out of double-sided blades. It's a very good for both attack and defense as it could block even close ranged bullet shots. She has a sniper riffle with a silencer on her back. The bullets are mostly sleeping darts, but there are real ones too. The ammo were kept in her utility belt.

It was 9 PM when she went out for patrol to cover for Nightwing. Usually she'd just perch on the highest tower in Blüdhaven, looking for any signs of trouble and only interfere if she really had to. Tonight was different, as she decided to go round Blüdhaven and take out every criminal there is to take out tonight.

After patrol, at about 2 AM, she decided to check on Dick. She grappled from roof to roof until finally she found his apartment. She slid his window open and slipped inside.

When she came, he was thrashing on his bed, screaming something in another language, which she recognized to be Romani, Dick's first language. She knew immediately that he was having nightmares about THE night. The night when his parents were murdered. He never seemed to get over it.

She strides over to his side and gently shook him awake while calling his name. It didn't work for a few times but eventually, he woke up. Actually, he shot up, panting, skin covered in sweat, and eyes darting around wildly.

She hugged him, held him close as he tried to calm down. He cried. The friggin NIGHTWING cried in front of her!!! Heck, no. HUGGING her!! The last time she remembered that he broke down in front of her like this was about 8 years ago. She was still 7 years old, yet, she was mature beyond her years already. At nights like this one, she would hold him, comfort him, tell him that everything's going to be okay. Sometimes it would take just a few minutes to get him to sleep again. On other times, he would sit there, crying for what would seem like hours until he finally evened his breath. Either way, she would always wait for him to finish his fit.

When he was done, he went on a coughing fit.

"*cough cough* Night- *cough wheeze* Nightmare?"
"Yeah. Rest up birdie, the city's already taken care of. And don't try to go to campus tomorrow. I'll be watching." She said, still with last night's voice on. With her suit on, she looks like a guy.
"*cough* How'd you- *cough cough* get here *wheeze*?"
"Same way I got you in here last night. Now, sleep or I will make you."
"Kay." He mumbled, then seeping back into unconsciousness.

After laying Dick on the bed again and fixing his blanket, she took her phone out from her belt and dialed. The other side picked up almost immediately.

"Yo, it's me."
"....."
"Yeah, well, listen. ..."

7.16 AM BLÜDHAVEN
Dick's POV
Why did the lights have to be so bright? I let out a sharp hiss at the movement of my chest. Yep, I thought. My ribs are still cracked. Wait a second, weren't the lights off last night? What time is it? I groaned as I tried to sit up.

"Whoa there. Where do you think you're going?"

I heard a voice from my left.

My eyes widen when I saw the source of the voice.

"Jason?" I asked, my throat still raspy. "What're you doing here?" I ended that in a coughing fit.

He stood up and walked towards me. He helped me sit an stacked up my pillows so I could lean on them. When I was done coughing, he gave me a cup of water and held me steady by the shoulder.

"You done with your coughing yet?" He asked mockingly.

"Haha. Very funny." I replied sarcastically while rolling my eyes. "You didn't exactly answer my question you know."

"You cut me off before I could speak."
"I kinda did didn't I?"
"Yup."
"So, what brings you here?"
"A friend of mine called me last night, or maybe morning, and told me you had a fever. They told me to watch over you in case you did something stupid again. I'm putting emphasis on the AGAIN."
"It was Nightmare wasn't it?"
"What blew it up?"
"Everything. And the fact that he was here last night."
"Whoa, whoa, hey. Did you say HE!!? Dick, Nightmare is a SHE."
"Huh???"
"Wait, you thought she was a guy??"

"Yup. She looks like one, acts like one, has the voice of one, even got the strength of one."

"Well this is interesting, the first protege of batman who can't tell a guy from a gal."

"Ha ha, Jay, very funny. You know, I had a fever these past three days or so."

"*sigh* that's what I'm worried about. Dick, you've gotta start taking care of yourself! This..." He gestured to all of me, "is not healthy! Heck, I'll bet you don't even sleep on some nights."

He sighed, "Dick, she told me you had one of those dreams again last night. Do you wanna maybe talk about it?"
"No thank you."
"You know I'll always be here for you right?"
"Oh I know."
"And you know that whatever you do, the kids and I will always love you?"
"Maybe."
"Oh, c'mere Dickie." He hugged me.

At that moment, I decided to be the moment ruiner.

"Hey, Jay,"
"Hmm..."
"Do you and Nightmare have a, 'thing'? You know..."
"Dick, don't, just don't."
"M'kay Jay-jay." I grinned
"Now rest."
"Kay."

Jason's POV
*sigh*, and he's supposed to be the older brother. This is getting weird, I thought, as I sat down again on the chair, watching my supposedly older brother sink deep into his slumber.

I smirked. Then again, maybe I DO have a 'thing' with Nightmare.