Sergeant Barnes

(1940s Bucky)

"Sergeant James Barnes, shipping out to england first thing tomorrow morning," Bucky came into your apartment with his stunning uniform that hugged his amazing body perfectly. The body that would be yours for only a few more hours.

You tried to hold back your tears but you couldn't. Sitting on the sofa you burst out your tears. Bucky walked over to you and put his arm around your shoulders. "What's wrong doll?" he asked you.

You couldn't bear it. He could be shot or captured by Hydra and you would never see him again. "Hey listen," he Began.

"I can't bear it James, if you die I will have nothing. Nobody else that I care for." you Spilled out. If you lost him it would be over for you.
"Y/N you are my world you know that, i wouldnt be the man i am today if you weren't in my life. Listen doll, i will come back, after all i cant leave my best girl."
More tears spilt whilst Bucky spoke so you hugged him as tight as you could. You knew he had to go and you accepted that he was protecting the country.

" I love you James. Promise me you will come back" you said between sobs. You knew he always kept his promises but you still had to ask.

"I promise." Bucky said pulling your head close to his chest. He rubbed the back of your head whilst you listen to his soothing heart beat. If only you two could stay like this for ever.

2 weeks later

I am very sorry to inform you that Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes has been captured and is missing in action. He was a brave soldier and he will be missed.

Tears filled your eyes as read the letter that told you of your loss. He promised, you thought to yourself. James Buchanan Barnes never broke a promise.

But he broke your heart