Chapter 4

Hello Readers/Anyone,

I love you all. In a non-creepy way. Your comments make my eyes tear up and woop with (ill-disguised) joy (especially in class).

So yeah, I had my Year 11 Dinner Dance yesterday evening and it went from 6:00 to 11:30 in the evening and it was simply beautiful!! I had so much fun and danced for five (!!!!) hours straight. Now I can't move my legs and I think my knees are about to explode! But otherwise I'm fine.

Oh, and my throat is sore from screaming the songs while dancing.

So, carrying on... this chapter if for everyone who commented and I hope you enjoy it!

Constantinova :) xx

•••
Sociopaths have no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
•••

The man, whom she now knew as Kol Mikaelson, surveyed her face as Colette twirled a piece of pasta around her fork and lifted it to her mouth, chewing it with her mouth closed, her back and posture straight- displaying the manners which were drilled into her mind as a small child.

“So if you don’t like law enforcement, why do you do it?” Kol asked, taking a swig of his whiskey and leaning back into his chair- a gesture Colette recognized as comfort.

The vampire was obviously comfortable around her, this was something that didn’t happen very often.

People were usually intimidated of Colette or tried to get profit out of their relationship with the English brunette- something which she hated with a passion.

She pursed her lips and while she thought about her answer for a moment, the man opposite her observed the English rose, roaming her form with his dark, smoldering eyes.

“It’s quite fascinating to see inside the mind of mass-murderer, to observe his behavior and  what motivates him. And I don’t fancy pursuing another tedious job.” Colette said in a confident voice and forked up another noodle on her fork and guided it to her mouth.

“Yes, I suppose so. You do seem quite very good at it from what I heard. Solving a case in three days- that’s really quick.” Kol said and watched, transfixed, as her lips closed around her fork and chewed her food.

He snapped out of it though when he heard her voice ringing with a slight amusement and when he looked up he saw that she had raised one dark, perfectly shaped eyebrow.

“Actually the case was solved in six hours- I only opened the case file on the plane.” Colette watched in amusement as Kol seemed to snap out of his stupor of staring at her lips and raised his eyebrows in astonishment which was heard when he spoke.

“Six hours? That’s got to be some kind of record.” He complimented her as she took the last bite of her pasta dish and wiped her pouty mouth with the serviette.