f o u r t y o n e

Gerard's pov

The bathroom door opened and Frank ran out. And then we were hugging.

"You did wash your hands, right?" I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Yeah, of course I did, idiot," Frank replied, hugging me tighter.

"You're so fucking short..." I mumbled, "You told me you were six two."

"Yeah, well... I lied," Frank trailed off. "I didn't want you to not like me because I'm short."

"I don't care," I mumbled into his shoulder, suddenly feeling like I was ready to cry. I hadn't really had a chance to realize until now that Frank was real and now he was here.

"Gerard, we're gonna go," I heard Brendon's voice behind me but I didn't respond. "Gerard. We're leaving."

"Fine, leave," I said, still not letting go of Frank. I heard the door open and then close.

"You're really huggable," Frank said.

I smiled. "Really?"

"Really."

"Frank, I-"

"We should start driving back. Do you have the rice krispy treats that I asked for?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Good," Frank finally pulled back from the hug and flashed me a grin.

I could feel my cheeks heating up as I stared at him, taking in all his beautiful features that I had only seen through a screen until now. He was perfect, even if he was several inches shorter than I was.

"Hello? Earth to Gerard?" Frank waved a hand in front of my face and I blinked a few times. What were we doing again? Oh yeah, Frank. He was so pretty.

"Sorry, Frank," I mumbled.

"It's cool," Frank replied, smiling at me. His smile was perfect. "We should go now."

I nodded in agreement, and soon I was following Frank out to his car. I watched Frank get into the driver's seat before I got in the passenger seat, and I just stared at him for another long moment, smiling like an idiot.

Frank looked at me and chuckled, and I looked down, blushing.

"Hey, no, look at me," Frank said as he started the car and pulled out if the driveway.

"I don't wanna distract you from driving."

I looked up at Frank and noticed he was grinning. "What are you trying to say?"

I felt my cheeks heat up again and I shook my head quickly. "Just that I don't wanna get in a wreck, that's all! I don't want anything to distract you, including me."

Frank laughed lightly and turned on the radio. "You're fine. Not distracting at all."

I nodded and stayed silent for a moment, thinking about Frank and Frank and Frank.

"Gimme one of those rice krispy treats, Gee," Frank snapped me out of my thoughts and I nodded, reaching into my backpack and grabbing a treat for him.

"Here," I said, handing it to him.

He took a bite of it and grinned. "Delicious. Thank you, Gerard."

I smiled and nodded. "You're welcome."

"We should play twenty questions."

I turned to Frank and nodded slightly, remembering the time we attempted to play but didn't finish. "Um, okay, sure."

"I'll go first," Frank drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. "Favorite school subject?"

"Art," that one was easy. "What about you?"

"Lunch," he grinned and I rolled my eyes. Damn, he was perfect.

"That doesn't count!" I found myself giggling like a stupid idiot and I didn't know why.

"Yes it does!" Frank looked at me, smiling widely, and the car swerved slightly, making my stomach flip.

"Frank! Be careful!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry, sorry," he turned his attention back to the road.

"Oh, it's my turn," I said, after a moment of silence. "Who was the last person you kissed?" I blurted, immediately regretting it.

"Hm, let's see," Frank was silent for a moment, probably thinking. "I kissed this guy Bob at a party, like, last month or something. It was a dare. That guy is disgusting."

I laughed a little, even though I was feeling jealous. But it was a dare, so what was I worried about?

"Who was the last person you kissed?" Frank asked, glancing at me.

"Uh, I kissed this one girl Lindsey in, like, seventh grade," I said, feeling pretty embarrassed. "She was cool. We dated for a while but then she moved. I didn't even really like her, well, 'cause, y'know, I'm gay and all that shit."

Frank started to laugh and I glared at him. "Seventh grade? That was, like, eight years ago, Gerard."

I rolled my eyes. "I know, whatever."

I looked out the window and smiled. I couldn't stop smiling, actually. I was overjoyed, but my stomach was twisting and turning. It wasn't surprising though. I mean, I was with Frank. In real life. Sitting right next to him. It was still hard to believe.

"Gerard?"

I turned to Frank and he grinned.

"Well, hello there, Gerard."

I smiled a little. "Hi, Frank."

He chucked and reached over to pat my knee. It caught me off guard and I jumped, my cheeks turning bright red. I looked down, not wanting Frank to see me blushing.

"Awe, look at that blush," Frank grinned and poked my cheek and I erupted into a fit of giggles. It was so incredibly stupid, but I couldn't help it. Frank was bringing it out of me. "Cute," Frank smiled and rested his hand on my thigh.

I looked from his hand to his face a couple times, still blushing furiously, and then found myself staring at him again.

He glanced at me and grinned. "Hello again."

"H-Hi," I mentally cursed myself for stuttering.

"What's up?" Frank turned his focus back to the road.

"You."

"Yeah? What about me?"

"You're pretty," I made a mental note to slap myself later for saying that.

Frank turned back to me and smirked. "Why thank you, Gee. You're very pretty too."

I was blushing again, god dammit. I looked down at my lap, but I was smiling, because Frank had just called me pretty.

"I have a question."

I looked up again.

"If I were to ask you to be my boyfriend, what would you say?"

•••

this chapter was supposed to be longer, but since I just really needed to get an update out, here it is.

I'm so sorry though!! with the end of the school year, I've just been busy. However, school is out June 2nd so I'll be able to update a lot more!

I hope you enjoyed! please vote and comment! thank you !!