CHAPTER 15: HERMIONE'S HEART LEARNS TO TAP-DANCE

• Dedicated to Ashly

CHAPTER 15: HERMIONE'S HEART LEARNS TO TAP-DANCE

He thought she would push him away, punch him, or maybe even hex him to next Sunday, but no, she kissed him back, just as passionately, just as tenderly, like she'd been waiting for this as long as he had wanted to kiss her.

Her arms circled his neck, pulling him closer. Her eyes fluttered close, her fingers teased the hair at the back of his head as she stood on tip toes to reach the curve of his lip as he smiled into the kiss.

He put his arms around her waist, pulling her closer, so close that her scent, fresh oranges and fiery cinnamon, filled his nose and overpowered his senses. She gasped suddenly, and pulled away, staring at him with her brilliant gold eyes like she couldn't believe what she was doing, before groaning and cursing under her breath as she threw caution to the wind and pulled him close once more, deepening their kiss.

Her left arm was around his neck, right hand in his hair, tussling it up. His hands were running through her beautiful locks, he himself was savouring every moment he was with her.

Hermione didn't know how long she'd been kissing her once arch-nemesis for and neither did she really care. His lips were addictive and the moment she stopped to breathe, he'd started trailing kisses along her jaw and down her neck, leaving her gasping for air.

They broke apart suddenly, breathing heavily and staring at each other in shock, only a breath apart. Hermione's face flushed bright red as her heart beat loudly in her chest and her body craved more, she hid her face in her hair, not wanting him to see her so flustered, but he tilted her face up to his and stared at her for a long time; the storm grey of his eyes meeting the warmth of her brown, cupping her face in his palms, holding her tenderly, like she was a porcelain doll.

"What the hell are you doing to me?"

She almost didn't hear his words, her ears ringing with the beating of her heart, but when he kissed her lips again, softly this time, lovingly, like he was afraid of breaking her, she blushed and snuggled her head into his chest in embarrassment, hugging him around his waist.

"What the hell are we doing, Draco?" she whispered, listening as his heart began to match the rhythm of her own, a symphony of sounds to her ears as he hugged her back, placing his chin atop her head and he laughed quietly at the absurdity of this situation.

"I have no idea, and I don't care."

And they were still standing there, just holding onto each other, neither brave enough to look each other in the eyes, when a cough interrupted the silence and they both jumped apart, like they'd been struck by lightning and stared sheepishly at the smirking face of Narcissa Malfoy.

"Well, well, what do we have here then?" she asked, her tone teasing as she stared down at the two before her, both turning varying shades of scarlet as they stared up at her portrait in horror.

"Um...right. Okay. I should...go do that thing now. Yep." Hermione muttered more to herself and she glanced at Draco nervously before biting her bottom lip and running out of the room.

"What do you want Mother?" Draco wanted to sound annoyed, but the smile on his face made his voice come out far more breathless than usual.

For the first time in his life, a kiss had left him gasping. When was the last time that he'd kissed someone and it had left him feeling like an addict? Never, this had never happened before. He scowled at his mother, he'd been about to ask her something very important, but his mother had interrupted them.