CHAPTER 32: DRACO PUNCHES MORE PEOPLE

CHAPTER 32: DRACO PUNCHES MORE PEOPLE (OR, DRACO MALFOY CAN BE SCARY SOMETIMES PART 2)

For a moment, everything was all right.

Hermione and Draco had walked out of the forest and back to Hogwarts' ground, expecting to be locked up, but thanks to Harry and Ron's explanation, their names were cleared by Neville almost immediately, and the news was being broadcasted to the necessary places to ensure that they would no longer be hunted.

Ron's family was contacted and the Weaselys all arrived soon afterwards, rushing around Ron, crying and laughing and hugging and promising to never let him out of their sights again. Molly Weasely hugged her son tightly, before smacking the back of his head for being dead for so long and for chasing after poor Hermione for wo years. She'd told him numerous times that the brunette girl wasn't to fault, and Ron sheepishly accepted his mistakes, vowing to find some time later to speak to Hermione.

They pulled Harry to the crowd too, hugging him tightly.

Astoria had been made aware that Blaise had been found, and she was already there, waiting for him when he emerged from the forest. She'd taken one look at him and burst into tears before running and hugging him tightly and refusing to let go. Yelling at him, her arms still around his neck, for being so stupid and getting caught in the first place and promising that if he so much as tried to leave without permission, she was going to break his legs. Blaise just hugged her back, finding comfort in her arms.

Everything that had happened had been a lot scarier than he'd been willing to admit, but with Astoria there, he felt secure once more. Why on earth had he wanted to divorce her again?

Pansy stood a little away from all of them, waiting to see how the rest of Draco and Hermione's love life was going to emerge. If she was going to write this all down, then she needed to know all the details.

But she felt somewhat awkward amongst the amass of tears and joyfulness. She didn't have anyone that was expecting her to arrive or be alive, but soon enough, she found herself within Molly Weasely's embrace too, as the woman thanked her for being with Ron the entire time. Ron glanced at her awe-struck expression at the action before smiling at her.

All was well.

Draco and Hermione walked out from the forest together. He was holding her up, her body on the brink of shutting down, but they were both smiling. As broken as they both were, the fact that they were now free from the curse of being on the run, and the fact that finally, finally, they would get to live out their lives, made Draco smile in a way no one had seen before.

No one was brave enough to comment on his dimple either.

Perhaps the universe did love Hermione Granger, after all, it had rewarded her with her freedom, and the one person in the world who was hers forever.

But it was like the sigh of relief came too fast, and just as things seemed to be settling down, Crystallex Valarie appeared from nowhere, a wild, crazed look in her eyes, her head bleeding heavily, and a wand held against the throat of an extremely terrified Ginny Potter.

.*.

"Ginny!" Harry screamed rushing forward, pushing people out of the way as he stumbled into the front of the crowd.

Crystallex smirked and pushed her wand deeper into Ginny's throat, Ginny gasped in pain, her knees buckling, but Crystallex pulled her up by her hair and made her stand.

Blaise caught Harry and held him back, "wait Potter. You won't help by rushing into things without thinking." He muttered to the man, who stopped struggling.