t w o ; ice cream

Veronica

5 Years Later.... 

"Parker! Levi! Get your butts down here!" I yelled, setting the scrambled eggs on four plates with bacon and orange juice. 

I could hear foot steps running down the stairs and little giggles. 

"Hi momma!" Levi screamed, putting his backpack beside his chair. "This looks delicious! Thank you so much!" He gave a small prayer and started to dig in. 

I turned off the stove and looked behind me. 

"Parker, your food is ready." I gave him a small smile, noticing how awkward and nervous he was. Carefully, I bend down and put my hand on his shoulder. "Don't be scared. You'll make lots of friends and you will have a lot of fun." 

"Promise?" His quiet voice made my heart hurt. 

"I promise." I gave him a small peck on the cheek. "Now, eat." I tickled him, him letting off his adorable giggle. 

As I get up I feel a presence behind me. "Morning, darling."

He comes and hugs me from behind, leaning his head on the arch of my neck. "Everything smells delicious."

"Well, thank you." I get out of his embrace. "Now eat or you'll be late to drop them off and work."

"Morning, kiddos."

"Morning, daddy!" Parker and Levi screamed.

Why are kids so energetic? I mentally laugh. I can't truly say if I was ever like that.

"Did you guys give thanks for the food?" Toby asked.

They both nodded their heads rapidly.

Ever since the kids turned 2 we started going to church, we found a small Christian Church twenty minutes away from our home. Everybody was so nice and welcoming on the first day I went with the kids.

Toby didn't want to go at first, he felt that he wasn't worthy enough to be in a holy place after everything he had done. Of course I wasn't gonna force him to go, but I told him that I wanted him to at least check it for himself and then decide what he thinks of it.

To my, utter surprise, he had seem to enjoy it but denied it the whole Sunday. Little by little he decided to join the kids and I every Sunday to service and made friends with other man.

It's incredibly unbelievable what has happened the last few years. It doesn't seem like the past ever actually happened.

But, I would redo everything if it meant having this future with a wonderful husband and gorgeous twins.

I play with my diamond ring, with a smile creeping on my face.

"Let's go!" Toby spoke as soon as the kids finished their breakfast. He gave me one last kiss before closing the door behind him.

Time to get ready so now I can go to work.

I set up the coffee machine before going upstairs and taking a shower.

20 minutes later I'm comfortably on my sofa with my laptop on my lap. Time to continue the story before my editor gets here to chek up on me.

* * * * * * * * * * *

"Mommy! Mommy! Guess what?" Levi screamed as he runs up to me with Parker holding on to Toby's hand.

It was 3 in the afternoon. I had finished three long chapters of my new upcoming book and I had already bought the ingredients for tonight's dinner.

"What, hunny?"

"I got a kiss from a pretty girl!" Levi smiled so big, that I was afraid he would hurt his cheeks. "She has a Frozen backpack and wears glasses and has brown hair and likes the color blue and-"

He kept on going for a long time and my heart felt heavy. My baby will become a teenager one day, and he could turn out two ways. A guy who will become a playboy or a gentleman.

Toby and I try to raise our kids right. Yeah, we give them a little freedom, but because kids need freedom. They're not supposed to grow up so fast, they need to enjoy their childhood.

"And what did you do?" I tickle him.

"I said - I said thank you and- and gave her a hug." He played with his ear, a habit that I have noticed that he does whenever he gets embarrassed or nervous. Something he's done from a very younger age.

"That's sweet." I kissed him on the forehead. "You always gotta treat a girl with-?"

"Respect!" He applaud and ran up the stairs.

I turn towards the living room where I see Toby talking to Parker with a gentle smile.

I was curious on what they were talking about, but decided to leave it alone.

After a while of walking around the kitchen, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to ears drop on them.

"-her."

"Don't listen to them, big man. They're just worried that you might become cooler than them!" Toby said in a matter of fact tone.  

"Daddy, she was really nice to me." His shy and quiet voice made my heart beat and a smile grow on my face. "She told me we were gonna be bestfriends forever! Can we?" 

"Well, of course you can, bud. Don't listen to those mean kids. You can be bestfriends with whoever you'd like." Toby gave him a pat on the head and stood up. "Go change into something else. We're going out or ice cream."

Parker smiled and ran off. "Levi! Daddy is buying ice cream!"

I come behind Toby, caressing his back. "You're such a great father, T-Bone." I laugh. "Piggy back ride!" Without waiting, I jump on his back. 

"Wow, there!" He starts walking upstairs to our own room. "How's your book going?"

"Hm, I don't know. I just need a couple more chapters." All of a sudden, I start laughing. "I'm writing a scene kind of like when I made you tell your mom you were gay." 

He shakes his head, throwing me on the bed. "Get dressed, Mrs. Crater. Your husband is buying you ice cream." 

****************

(: hope you enjoy this chapter. READ BELOW!

These first few chapters are just fillers. The book is gonna be about Levi and Parker. Time will go fast and the chapters will be on their p.o.v. 

I'll try to update soon. 

(: -latenightcoffeemugs <3