s i x ; new to the business

LEVI

It was the third day of summer and I was already bored as hell. There was nothing to do, and Christopher still hasn't texted me anything. I hated being home doing nothing, it was hell. 

"We should take mom to the beach or something." I threw my chocolate wrapper at Parker, who was too busy typing on his computer- geek. "So what do you say? We can ask Uncle Nathan for a ride and maybe he'll join us?" 

He didn't even spare me a glance, "Mom hates the beach." His typing stopped. "Why don't you just go hang out with your pothead friend, Christopher?" 

"Shut the f*ck up. Why don't you go hang out with your stupid geeky friends? Oh! That's right! Even they're too cool for you!" My temper was rising, I didn't need this type of attitude from someone like him. "I don't need this from you, screw you!" 

I got up from my place in the couch, and stalked towards the front door. I needed to get out of here before I did something I would regret. Like f*cken kill him. 

I hate this. I hate this. I f*cken hate this! Why us? Why my family?! Huh?! Why are we like this? All I ever wanted was a normal family. A father, a mother, and a normal brother who doesn't spend his whole life in school and homework. The only thing that is keeping us out of the streets is money that Uncle Nathan brings. Plus, this house we lived in was mom's childhood home, where she grew up. She said that my room was hers, which I find a bit creepy but cool at the same time. 

I shut the door loudly, sighing I started to walk away from home. I can't stand being home most of the time. I start walking in the sidewalk when suddenly I felt my phone start to vibrate. 

Christopher is calling...

"What's up?" I answered without hesitation. 

"Meet me at the warehouse in 15 minutes." He hung up immediately after that.

That as*hole is a man of few words. I hate it. 

I roll my eyes at I start walking the apposite direction from where I was heading to, Kenny's. They made some pretty good spaghetti there, I tell ya. 

I started walking slowly towards where the warehouse was, a place where Christopher and I would get stoned or drunk... or both. It was usually the latter. The streets looked peaceful, surprisingly, since it was only 4 p.m. You'd usually be seeing kids around with their bikes or parents going on a run with a stroller. 

They're probably all at the beach with their mom... 

I got to the warehouse in 10 minutes, but knowing Christopher, he was most likely already there. 

The warehouse was located not too far from our local high school, Lions High School, the one that I attended. The same one that Mom and father attended. It was a couple miles away from it and it was pretty close to some other warehouses. 

I opened a metal door and peaked inside, "You here yet?"

"Who do you think I am?" Christopher chuckled, as he jumped off some big boxes that were stacked right in the middle of it. 

"Yeah, okay." I went towards him, leaning against one of the boxes, "so what did your boss say? Think you could give me the job?" 

Christopher pulled out a box of cigarettes out, offering me one. "Here's the thing dude. I don't just sell simple drugs like Marijuana and Xanax." he went silent as he took out his white lighter, and passing it to me first. "My job is to take it to people, rich people, who have others do that. It's like a whole f*ken society. So are you sure you want to join?"

I looked at him dumbfounded, "You're kidding right?" I wanted to laugh so hard but his blank face told me otherwise. He could a be a scary person if he wanted to. 

He took out his phone, it looked as if he was dialing a number, before putting the phone next to his ear. "Do it." He closed put his phone away, before turning on his heels and walking towards the same door that I came in. 

"Where the hell are you going?" I dropped the cigarette and smashed it with my foot. I was ready to go after him when suddenly I heard footsteps all around me. 

I looked around the warehouse to see men in black with pistols pointed at me. The actual f*ck is this? What the hell did I get myself into? 

I stepped away from the boxes I was leaning on just in time to see a bulky guy step away from the back of it. That guy must take steroids or something because...damn. 

Next thing you know, I was on the ground, couching blood out from my mouth. 

I try to look back at the big guy, but he just kept punching again and again and again. My vision started to blur and I was seeing black spots everywhere, but my mom's face suddenly brought me back to reality. 

I brought my right leg up, and managed to kick the guy somewhere. I was a little out of it. I quickly got up, trying to remain balanced, bawling my hands into fists. "C'mon, big guy." 

Screw you, Christopher. 

The big guy once again charged towards me, but I managed to dodge him, lifting my elbow up to crash with his face. He stumbled back a bit, but it was far from an actual fall. He slapped his head, shaking it and smirking at me. I motioned with my fingers in a challenging way. I never give up on a damn fight. 

This time, it was my turn to charge at him. With a swift motion, I brought my hands up, pulling his head towards my knee, making a cracking noise in his nose. I kept going like that for a while, trying to dodge his punches, failing most of the time, but in the end I didn't die. 

The big guy was tough one, I give him that. But no way in hell was I gonna give up anytime soon. 

We kept going at each other for another five minutes after he had fallen down for the first time. 

"Enough, Jack."  a loud voice boomed over the warehouse. I wiped the sweat and blood out of my face. 

"Nah, I'm not done with this brat, Sir." The big guy, who is apparently is named Jack, called out. He spit out blood from his mouth. 

I started to laugh, not being able to hold it in anymore. What the actual hell is going on. "Am I done here?" I chuckled and checked my phone for the time. 

4:47

It was still pretty early. 

I looked around trying to point out the source of the voice... It sounded extremely familiar. 

"You don't want Mr. Matthew getting mad, now do you , Jack?"

I looked back at Jack, he stepped back glaring at me. "Whatever." He muttered under his breath. He walked back behind the boxes. 

I still couldn't find who it was and couldn't remember where I knew that voice from. "Who are you?" I called out. 

The voice chuckled, "It's nice seeing you again, Levi." 

"How do you know my f*ken name?" this guy was staring to piss me off. 

"You got the job, kid." The other men started to put away their guns and walking away. 

"My name is Roman. I'll be seeing you soon." 

----------------

Surprise!!!!!  what a cliffhanger, am I right? 

Anyways, I have decided a tremendous decision. please read. 

So, the first book is called The Nerd and The BadBoy, right? WRONG! I don't know why but i've always hated the title. it seems so.... corny. So it is now called. 

The Broken Ones. 

huh? huh? is that better...... or worst? I have updated the cover for it. go check it out (; 

byeeeeeeeeeee.