f o u r ; uncle

LEVI 

"She's fine, she's just resting right now." The doctor smiled at us, with his forehead wrinkled into a worry look, "but, she does need to have her blood pressure to be brought down from so much stress that she is currently holding." 

Parker, sighs, rubbing his hands together, trying to hold it together for her. "What could we do, Doctor McCoy? How can we help her from getting so stressed?" 

He motioned us to follow him to his desk. "I'm about to ask you guys a personal question, the only reason I am asking this, is for your mothers health." He looked at both of us, as if asking if it's okay. "Where is -"

"He left 10 years ago. He decided that some things were more important to him than his family." I answered, my voice sounding rude, cold. That wasn't my intention at all, but whenever someone mentions something, anything, about him, my insides start boil and my fist start to curl. "I'm sorry, didn't mean to come of rude." I apologized. 

The doctor nodded, "well, you boys are fifteen, is there anyone that could possibly help you guys with your mom? Any relatives?"

Parker and I both looked at each other. 

"Our actual uncle is on a business trip, but we might be able to contact someone."

"I'll give you guys time, go a head. I'll be back in 15 minutes." The doctor said, as he got up from his chair, picking up a stack of papers, and leaving. Closing the door behind him. 

"I know we haven't seen him in like 3 years, but he always said to call in case of an emergency and I believe this is one." Parker said. 

I knew who he was talking about and I couldn't agree more. 

"Let's give him a call then."

***

"Okay, so just sign here, and Mrs. Crater will be able to go home." The doctor smiled at our new guardian. 

"Yeah, okay. She's no longer Mrs. Crater." 

The doctor looked extremely uncomfortable, "I'm sorry. Well, she's all ready. Just have her take 2 pills a day, one in the morning and another one in the night. The pill must be taken with a full stomach." 

We all nodded, "thanks, doc." Parker replied. 

"Okay, let's get your mom out of this hell." He said. 

We all walked quietly to the waiting lounge where mom was waiting for us, she didn't know that he was coming at all. Wonder how she'll take it. 

"Mom, you ready?" Parker spoke up first when we reached her. Her eyes were closed.

She got up without looking at us, picked up her bag, and started to walk out the door.

"Not gonna say hi to you babysitter?" He joked around. 

She turned around so quickly. "Nathan?!" Tears started to come out of her eyes, her body shaking, hands trembling. She dropped her bag and ran to him, engulfing him into a hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." She kept repeating, while she cried. 

"C'mon, you crybaby. Let's go home, you gotta rest a lot, and stop worrying so much. I'm here now." 

Parker and I smiled at each other. He stilled acted like a teenager, at least that's what mom always told us.

"Yeah, yeah. You're right." She calmed herself down, picking up her bag and gave him a smile. She turned to us, "I'm sorry I scared you guys. I love you both." 

"We love you, too mom. You gotta start taking care of yourself more." Parked smiled softly at her.

"Okay, anyone hungry? On me!" Uncle Nathan, exclaimed. 

"Spaghetti!" all three of us exclaimed as well. 

People started to look at us weird so we decided to talk more in the car. 

******

I hated looking up to people after my father left, he was my hero, someone I wanted to be like when I got older, but he left. Abandoned my family and I. Why? because of selfish reasons, he didn't need to leave, he wanted to. One day he was here and the next he was gone, no goodbye's, no letter. Nothing. 

I was five when he left, by the age of 9 I had already given up that dad was coming home to us. One night I had it rough at school, people calling me gay because I was fatherless, them calling me gay wasn't what got to me, I could careless what they think about me in that sense, but them calling me fatherless, triggered something inside me. I went completely nuts and beat up the guy that said that. Honestly, I don't remember half of  what happened that day, all I remember were the words that Uncle Nathan had said to me. 

"Hey, listen to me." He said, as he licked the ice cream he bought, he also got me one. "Don't let someone like your father get to you like that, man. You're better than that. You've got so much anger inside you for someone who doesn't care. Why should you? It hurts, I get it. I do. But, don't be like your father, don't leave your mom. Don't make her worry so much, she cares a lot about you. Look out for her, stay with your family. Do your best, become your own hero, don't look up to anyone, look up to yourself. Become someone that people will look up to. You're better than him, little man." 

And from that day, I secretly looked up to him, the way he dealt with things, he visited us often, specially when mom wasn't home. There came a time when we didn't see him for around 8 months, but at least he came back... not like my father. 

To this day, I still look up to him, how much he cares about his family. We hadn't seen him for the past 3 years for 'work' he had said, and we understood. I was just always glad that I had someone that could be there for my family. 

******

"Veronica! You gotta drink the damn pill" Parker and I could not stop laughing from the screams that came out of the kitchen that same night. 

Uncle Nathan was trying to get my mom to drink the pill, but she hates pills, making it a harder job for him. 

"No! Get that thing away from Nate! I swear I'll kick you in the ball." My mom exclaimed. 

They acted like complete teenagers, and I get why. They have known each other since High School and they weren't that old. My mom was 36 while Uncle Nathan was 37. 

"Children! Get over here and help me out!" Uncle Nathan screamed. 

Parker and I whipped the tears of our eyes and tried to hold in our laughter. 

"I'll hold her while you two put the pill inside her mouth!" He looked extremely desperate. 

"Why don't you just bribe her?" Parker shrugged.

"Drink this pill and ...uh." Uncle Nathan stood there for a long while. 

I had an idea, mom would love it, but Uncle Nathan... not so much. "- and uncle Nathan will give you a foot massage" 

"WHAT?!"

"OKAY!"

And that's how our night ended, with uncle Nathan giving mom a foot massage while Parker, mom and I watched Grease on t.v

_______________ 

WRITERS BLOCK IS HORRIBLE BUT I HAVE SOME GREAT IDEAS!! SEE YOU SOON!!