t e n ; sam

Parker

"It's for you, Parker!" I heard Levi call out in an annoyed tone. I put my fork down, shrugging at the questioning look my mom giving me. I push back my chair and get up, wondering who it could be.

The sight in front of me has me chuckling. It was Sam and Levi staring each other down. Those two absolutely hated each others guts.

I made an awkward coughing sound, making Sam break the stare down and turn to me, grinning. "Parker!" She runs towards me, jumping, making both of us fall to the floor in a fits of laughter.

"Get a room you two." Levi said in a disgusted way.

Sam turned to look at him, "Shut up, Doofus." She flips him off and gets up while Levi storms back into the dining room, whispering curse words at her.

"When I said you should come over, I meant like the usual." I whispered at her, dusting my pants.

"You told me your mom was making spaghetti, I was hungry." She grins, pushing me aside, and waltzing into the dining room.

Sam Burt, the girl I've been in love with since the day I met. She was 17, brown hair, short and had the most beautiful smile. She's also my mom's old bestfriend, John Burt's daughter. 

I notice that took my chair and already started talking to my mom when I walk in. Shaking my head, I grabbed the extra chair besides her and sit, taking back my plate.

She whined, "I'm the guest here. You gotta serve me!"

"You have two feet. Do it yourself." Levi remarked back.

"Shut it, Doofus." She snaps back at him. 

We finished eating, "Let's go to my room." I tell Sam after putting the dishes away. 

"Wear protection!" Someone whispered. I think it was mom but it was most likely Levi. Mom doesn't say stuff like that. 

I shake my head, pushing Sam up the stairs towards my room, locking it once we are inside. 

"So, what's the big news?" She questions, plopping down on m be, taking off her shoes and getting comfortable. "I was doing something important you know!" She continues after I give her a questioning look. "What? Video games are very important. Either ways, we couldn't meet like the usual because I-" she points at herself "- got a hot date tonight." My heart fell a little. "With someone from the agency."

I rolled my eyes, "Who would ever wanna go out with you? You're like a dude!" I joked. A pillow is thrown my way, "So who's the guy?"

"He's one of the newbies, his name is Roger-" She didn't get to finish the statement because I started laughing. 

"Roger that, sir." I fell on the floor, my hand hitting the ground from the pain in my stomach. "Who names their kid Roger? Poor guy!" 

"I hate you!" She yelled back at me, "he's actually a pretty nice guy and he's hot, unlike you." 

I sobered up, "Oh, darling. We both know i'm one of the hottest guy you know." Must admit, I was trying to win back my pride right now. 

"Nope, even your brother is hotter than you." My self esteem went lower. 

"B-but we look the same!" I exclaimed, pouting. 

"Not really," she sat up on the bed, Indian style, "So what's the chisme?"

I sat down besides her in the same position, "I found out a lot about my mom." I reached under my pillow and opened my computer, loading the file. 

That's how the rest of our evening went, me showing her everything that I highlighted and her gasping at almost everything. She nearly cried when I showed her chapter 25. The part where my mom talks about how dad called her a slut, my grandparents drying, and her trying to commit suicide. 

"Well, holy fudge!" Sam exhales as she finishes reading the most important things on the first few chapters. "I can't believe my dad would say something like that." She closes the laptop and jumps out of my bed, looking down at her watch, "I'll finish reading the rest tomorrow at the agency."

"Did you get my file?" I got my laptop and put it back below the pillow. 

I was trying to make small talk, I didn't want her to leave yet. 

"Yeah, I told the boss already..." she grabs her shoes and starts putting them on. "I really should go." She comes over to my side giving me a quick kiss on the cheek and hugging me bye, before leaving me. 

I need to get over her... but I just seem to not be able to. 

---------------------
sorry that i haven't updated in 2 weeks! c: 

you guys should follow me on IG: a.bdi.c