Chapter Five

*2 Months Later*

“LUKE!” Hannah shouted from her living room

“WHAT?” I shouted back tiredly

“I NEED STRAWBERRIES, GET ME STRAWBERRIES” I sighed and walked into the living room

“I just went to the shop and got some ice cream” I said calmly

“It’s not my fault Luke, our daughters are craving it” She snapped

“Look Hannah, I’m tired. I need to go and film a video soon and I want to see my family” I said calmly again, her hormones were all over the place and I didn’t want to cause another argument, I don’t think all these argument we were having were good for the babies at all. Her parents had been out of town on meetings for ages and her boyfriend was on holiday in America with his family and wouldn’t be back for a few days, so I was all Hannah had to help her.

“YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME HERE, I’M FIVE MONTHS PREGNANT WITH YOUR CHILDREN, YOU DID THIS TO ME” She screamed, I tried not to laugh at how overdramatic she was being.

“Fine, I’ll get strawberries” I said grabbing my keys.

I walked out of the house and into the brand new car I’d brought. I needed one to go to and from Hannah’s all the time, and I’d need one for when the baby was here. Jai and I had paid half each and we shared it. It was just a plain silver BMW nothing special, but there was enough room for us and a baby seat in the back.

I sat in the driver’s seat and drove to the supermarket. I got out of the car stepping over all the empty energy drink bottles I’d been drinking these two months. I don’t think Jai had even used this car properly because I’d always been using it. I bought the stupid strawberries and some chocolate and biscuits because I knew Hannah would want some of those soon. I paid for all the junk food and drove back to Hannah’s. I took them into the kitchen and started putting strawberries in a bowl for her. She walked in and snatched them from me, then waddled back into the kitchen. I’m not saying Hannah was fat it was just the size of her bump. She had been really skinny before, she still was but just with a huge bump, I knew it was heavy and it was hurting her feet so she couldn’t really do much, that was why I stayed, when she shouted at me and argued, I stayed because I knew she needed me and I needed to be there for my children in case something happened, I wasn’t going to be like my Dad, these children were going to know what I looked like because I was there every minute of their lives, unlike mine.

I just sat at the kitchen table for a while on twitter until Hannah called me again, this time from her room. I followed her cries and found her in bed crying her eyes out.

“Hannah? What’s wrong?” I asked worriedly sitting down on her bed next to her,

She pulled me into bed with her and cuddled up to me.

“Luke I’m sorry for treating you like shit, thank you so much for being here, you’re the only person who cares” She cried into me, I put my arms round her and cuddled her.

“You don’t need to cry about it, I’m not going anywhere”

She suddenly gasped

“What?” I asked

“They’re kicking!” She said happily still crying, she grabbed my hand and put it on her stomach, I felt two tiny pairs of feet kicking against Hannah’s stomach, it was amazing.

“Does that hurt?” I asked

“A little, but in a good way”

“Luke go home, I’ll be alright tonight” She said