4

Warning/AN: If you don't sit easy with the idea of murder don't read this chapter. I know a lot of stories I read with murder scenes people complain in the comments about the scenes but it's a fictional story so yeah be breezy 😊

"Michael," Evelyn called again.

"Evelyn, I'm not doing it, so forget about it now. I told you that I'd talk to her about it."

Evelyn rolled her eyes and let out a soft sigh. "It's cute how you think I need your consent."

"Michael, I'm doing this for you, not me. Let's face it, you're nothing without me."

Michael scoffed, "What have you done for me that I can't do myself?" That's complete bullshit, Evelyn."

Evelyn got angrier by the second. She felt herself loosing control of the situation, which wasn't going to give her the upper hand. This was the first real argument they've had ever, usually Michael just gives up and let her have her way.

"Everyone leaves you Michael, your parents are never here and are just trying to get rid of you by sending you to that place. Your friends even leave you. God knows when the last time you and Maya hung out together was." Evelyn's face got red in anger, "I'm all you have Michael. She said quietly.

Michael thought about what she said. He didn't want to believe it was true, but it was, and he knew that. But he wasn't going to murder his own mother.

"If you so much as lay one finger on her, that's it." That was her warning, the first and last warning he was giving her.

"You can't just make me go away Michael, that's not even close to how this works."

"Evelyn, what are you?"

"What are you talking about Michael?" She sighed, she could sense him trying to change the subject but she wasn't letting that happen."

"You're not a imaginary friend, but you're as hell are not a human, what are you?" Michael asked, as much as he thought about it and researched it never came to his mind to ask this question over the many years they'd known each other, but all of a sudden he needed to know. What exactly is Evelyn?

" As long as I've been in your life this has never been an issue, don't make it one now." Evelyn kept her calm even though on the inside she panicked a bit. "Drop it, now." She said.

"You know I've never really believed in supernatural type shit but yet that's the only way I can explain this honestly. I'm not going to lie, I've done research to try to figure it out and some of the things fit, not that I really ever thought of it. Friendlier spirits, ghosts-"

Michael was stopped in his tracks with a sharp slap to the face. He watched as tears rose in Evelyn's eyes. He felt the painful sting in his face from what he knew was later going to be a bruise.

"I'm not one of those things." She said crying. "I'm not.." She stopped talking.

Michael watched her breathing get heavy.

He pulled her close to his chest and wrapped his arms around her. He didn't mean to make her cry, he just wanted answers.

She took a deep breath in before pushing him off. He wasn't stoping her from the intended task. She walked down the stairs before Michael could object. She watched as Michaels mom called his dad to tell him she was preparing to leave in a few.