Chapter 1

"Shit Liam we are going to be late again" I screamed at my brother from at the bottom of the wooden stare case in the hall way. It was the second day of term. Well first considering only the 12th graders ha to go in yesterday. My school bag was hung over my shoulders weighing me down. I can’t wait till I get my stuff to school and can put it all in my locker. I had been ready for 10 minutes I was now waiting for my twin brother, Liam. He was always late and a very big pain in the ass. He was 6"2’, blonde, muscular and as per usual on the football team. We both had the same blonde hair and blue eyes. I was much small than him, a foot smaller actually and unlike him it was fragile not muscular. "Liam if you don’t hurry up I swear to god. I’m not getting another late because of you" I shouted up the stairs, getting angrier by the second. We were meant to be in school in 8 minutes and it was a 10 minuet drive. He came running down the stairs looking a state. His smell of cologne reached me before he did. I pushed open the heavy oak front door snatching my keys from the back of the door as I continued Liam right behind me. The sun was blazing in the sky, if it hadn’t been for the chill in the wind it would have been perfect weather for the beach. Striding across the lawn I reached my car opening the door fiercely with anger flooding through me. The handle was warm due to the sun. I slid in, putting my bag at my feet and key in the ignition. Tom got in next to me. 

"Wow calm down Chloe, I’m only five minutes late" Liam said. His seat belt clicking into place, I shoot my head, pressing my lips. As I started the purring engine tom pressed play on the stereo, blasting the 1975. We drove to school in silence, well not silent, the music way playing and Liam was singling along but I wasn’t speaking. I managed to calm myself down. I knew if we got there and we were late I would get a late and Liam, Liam would just get let off with a warning. I swear all the teachers were out to get me. I pulled into the parking lot, choosing an empty space straight headed as you went in. cutting the ignition I picked up my back and stepped out of the car. Slamming the door behind me, I waited till Liam got out locking it, walking off to the front doors. Opening the doors the corridors were spookily empty. Cold air hit my face as I hurried down the corridor to form, Liam right next to me. Even with my quick pace Liam easily kept up with me due to his long legs. Turning the corner our form room was in site, it was only another 10 second walk.

"Liam, Chloe, stop right there" a voice said from behind. I span around. It was coach smith. He hated me purely because I said cheerleaders were stupid and sexist even though I played for the girl’s soccer team and was captain. He loved Liam, like all teachers do. "Late again, Chloe” Need to sort out your priorities young ladies. Get to class and lunch detention. Liam Mr Hemdayle is looking for you, there is a new boy and he would like you to show him around. Follow me" he said walking away and Liam following. Typical detention and Liam off the hook and he would probably get to miss first lesson to show the new kid around. I got to form just before the bell went for first period. I strode down the hall to biology, the nose in the corridors making my ears ring. I walked into biology placing my books down on the work surface, pulling up a stole. 

Biology went agonisingly slow, the smell of chemicals filled my nose, making it sting. Finally the bell rang, Mrs had been babbling on about something like cell formation or something along those lines. I was the last one out of the class and was already late for my next lesson not considering the face that I had to walk the whole length of campus to get to English. I walked swiftly down the increasingly empty halls, with my boots in my hands, my head down trying not to worry. I hit something hard dropping my boots as a reaction. 

"Oh" I said under my breath bending down, not bothering to look at what I had bumped into. I reached for my books but someone beat me too it. I looked up, two beautiful green eyes locked with mine making my mouth open in surprise. I stood up, still not braking gaze with the boy. He was tall, only slightly smaller than Liam, with the same musky build. His white t-shirt emphasized his mussels, his black leather jacket hung loosely on his frame. His mid brown hair was styles into a perfect quiff, making the outline of his chiselled jaw even more sharp. He trusts my books towards me. “sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going" he said he British accent making me swoon inside. As I took my books from him he pushed both his hands into his front jean pockets leaning on the, his shoulders shrugged forward. My heart was beating a mile a minute.