Chapter 6- Excuse me?

The bell rang for the end of the period and also, to my joy, the end of the day. I stood my seat on the bleachers that I was sat on, far away from Gerard and walked away towards the exit. I slung my bag onto my back as Gerard glared at me, doing the same and walking towards the exit too. 

Because it was my first day, I didn't have to do gym, which I was glad of. But neither did Gerard apparently, because he had a note. Our teacher seemed to be not be pleased, almost growling at him that he couldn't cry to his mom every time he didn't want to do gym and get her to write an excuse. Gerard didn't seem to care, and just ignored him, like everything and everyone else in the room. Including me; probably mainly me.

I headed straight towards my locker and when I got there, I tried to remember the combination. Was it 11-10-21? 40-19-10? Urgh, I didn't know, I'd seen Nicole and she'd opened it for me. She'd twisted the fucking dial round a few times and didn't explain it, probably thinking I'd done this before. I mean, I had, but that was four years ago, and I'd only done it about ten or fifteen times...

Wait, I knew there was a 10 in it...and a 11. It wasn't 10-11-12, was it? I mean, that's stupid, that's like the school want my fucking locker to be trashed. I stared down with dismay at the locker dial and sighed. What happened to good old fashioned keys? I was so used to just carrying around a key for my locker in Wisconsin...

Fuck, that's it. 10-31-11. Halloween...heh, that'd be easy enough to remember. I smiled and twisted the dial to 10, then forwards to 31 and back towards 11. I pulled on the locker, and was horrified to find that it didn't open. What the fuck? 

I scrambled inside my bag and found the paper with my locker combination on it. Yeah, 10-31-11, I had gotten it right, so why wasn't it open yet? I angrily hit the front of my locker, pissed off. Stupid fucking school...

"Hey, Hells!" Somebody called me. I turned to see Frank and Mikey walking towards me, and I sighed and turned back towards my locker and continued to glare at the dial. I was attacked from the back with a giant hug, and laughed a little as Frank peered over my shoulder and laughed at me.

"Can't you open your locker?" He asked. I poked him gently in the cheek and he released me. 

"No, I can! It's just..." I hesitated. Mikey laughed at me and gently pushed me to one side so he could stand in front of my locker and open it.

"Combination?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and mumbled out the three numbers, and he twisted the dial until the locker opened. I stared at him, shocked.

"How-but...no!" I groaned. "How'd you do that?" I asked, shoving some of my books in my backpack into the locker and letting him shut it after I finished. 

"You didn't make sure it was twisted back towards zero, I guess. I'll show you tomorrow, c'mon!" He grinned, taking me by the arm and leading me towards the doors. I grimaced at him as he grinned down at me. 

"Where's Bob and Ray?" I asked them both. Frank hesitated and glanced at Mikey.

He shrugged. "That," He began. "Is a very good question...that we don't know the answer to. Come on, I'm starving and we're ordering pizza tonight!"

"Oh, and I gotta show you my bass!" Mikey added. The three of us were nearly by the doors, when to my horror, something quickly slammed into Mikey, sending me straight after him because he had a good grip of my arm. I collided with the cold surface of the row of lockers, and groaned as I heard Mikey collapse towards the polished floor. 

"Well, what'dya know, guys? It's dumb and dumber, and their depressing emo bitch." A deep, gruff voice jeered from above me. I glared up at the jock, who laughed along with his pals.