CH. 13

Anyone else loving the sexual tension between Shade and Eric? 

The next morning, my jaw hurt and I had a headache.

I groaned as I laid my head on the lunch table.

"Poor Shady poo" Jade pouted as she patted my head

I groaned in response.

She then jabbed me hard in the ribs, I lifted my head to see Eric holding a tray of food.

"You need to eat something Initiate" he smirked
"Thanks" I mumbled, I reached for the tray but he withdrew it back

"Excuse me?" he quirked an eyebrow
"Thank you, Sir," I said through my gritted my teeth, he winked and laid the tray before me.

"You know it's interesting he came by because I heard a juicy piece of gossip about him," Jade said grinning evilly
"Really?" I asked her my headache suddenly disappearing

"I heard after the party, he hooked up with that black haired girl in an abandoned hallway" she began.

My heart sunk.

"So," I shrugged playing with my food.
"He called out someone else's name," she said, I nearly choked on my water.

"Really?" I shrieked with laughter.

"Yeah it-" she started before said black haired girl came to our table.

"Hello, I'm Daisy" she offered her hand.
"I'm Shade," I tell her and she reacted with a smirk and slight nod.

The girl we know as Daisy was dressed in tight black jeans, black velvet pumps, and a tight fitting tank top.

"I'll see you around," she said before she strutted off, I nod dumbly.

"That was so awkward" Jade giggled
"Yeah, now you were about to say who's name he called out," I reminded her.
"Yours," she said with a smirk
"What?" I jumped up.

Everyone was staring at me, I looked around and saw people smirking and getting cat calls. I immediately left the cafeteria.

Once I was in the chair of the fear sim room, I saw Eric was administering the tests. I smirked at him and batted my eyelashes innocently.

"How are we today?" I asked him politely
"Good," he said his tone bored
"That's good," I said.
"You ready?" he asked me

I pretended I didn't hear him.
"Shade?" he asked me while looking down at me.
"I didn't hear you," I said tilting my head closer
"I said your name" he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

I couldn't resist it.

"You sure did" I grinned ear from ear which earned me a scowl and a pinch from the needle.

It was nearing lights out as Jade, Will and I all gathered around talking about our fears.

"You know our final test is tomorrow" Will ever the Erudite says.
"Are you guys nervous?" I toyed with the hem of my shorts.
"They should be," an annoying voice said behind me.
"And why is that?" I ask him
"Because they are the lowest rankers of our class," Peter said swiping through his tablet.
"Don't listen to him?" I told them, they both exchanged worried glances
"Yeah, don't listen to me, I'll be right here while you guys are factionless" Peter snickered
"You know what makes you so pathetic?" I asked him walking over to his cot.
"Know what makes me so pathetic?" he asked me mock interest on his face.
"You hit like a girl, you use words to get in people heads, and you can't handle the messes you make," I told him clenching my fists at my side, his jaw clenched but he ignored me. I turned away to walk back towards me friends.
"You know how you got your ranking?" Peter questioned.
"How?" I put my hands on my hips
"By sleeping with Eric" he chuckled

"You wanna rephrase that initiate?" I heard a deep voice ask before I could even respond.
"Nothing sir" Peter blanched
"That's why I thought...lights out big day tomorrow," he said before turning the lights off.

"This isn't over Emma" I heard Peter whisper.
"Save your empty threats" I whispered back fiercely

The next morning...

"Alright take a seat" Eric ordered me.

This room was different than the other ones. It was a huge opened space with a single chair in the middle of the room.

"Shade Johnson" Eric called out before pressing the needle to my neck.
"Be brave" he whispers before he injects me.

I sat up breathing heavily but can see people applauding, Eric smiled and winked slightly before saying.

"You did well" and nodding.

I had a good feeling that I had passed, and I owe it all to Eric.

I walked towards the Chasm and saw Jade and Will talking and smiling, they took a step towards the edge of the bridge

"Hey, guys" I call and started walking faster towards them.

They both smile and wave then, grab each other's hands and took one final step over the edge of the bridge
.

I bolted up right and felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You did it, you're done," Eric said,

I focused on the feel of his hand on me, I nodded.

I went to find Jade and Will and found them talking on the bridge, my stomach lurched but when I saw them walking towards me I took a deep breath.

"Well, how do you guys think you did?" I asked them, they both shrugged.
"We'll find out tonight," I told them.
"We're going for some coffee, wanna come?" Jade asked I shook my head.
"I need some time to rest, I'm going to nap" I yawned.

Once I reached the dorm room, I laid down on my cot and looked up at the ceiling. I heard thuds of boots and I sat up to Eric standing in the door way.

"Shouldn't you be somewhere?" I asked him
"No" he shook his head
"Shouldn't you be calling out another girls name" I snickered.

He broke into a jog and grabbed my forearms and hauled me over his shoulder.

"Where are we going?" I shrieked hitting his back.

"Some place private," he says grunting from my blows.
I hear keys jingle and knew exactly where we were.

His apartment...