The Discovery

"C-Can I help you?" There was this southern drawl in his slightly higher voice that didn't belong. The man in front of them looked younger since the last time they saw him but they knew for a fact that a lot has changed in those few years, for one, the beard was gone. His body was thinner and his skin was tanner. He looked much healthier too.

"Mama, who are they?" The little boy from earlier had somehow wrapped his arms around the man's leg without the avengers noticing.

Wait.. Mama?! Did the kid just say Mama?! What the hell?!

The man picked the boy up and hefted him onto his hip as if the boy weighed the amount of a bag of potatoes.

"They're.. People I used to work with..." The man replied cautiously. He held the boy close. Rhodey's suit opened and he stepped out with a grin. "Uncle Rhodey!!" The little boy exclaimed happily and reached towards Rhodes. The boy's 'mother' handed him to his uncle. "How ya doin' Peter?" He smiled as the little boy told him about helping his mama fix the tractor. He then turned to the child's 'mother'. "You look good, Tony."

Tony. Tony was this boy's mom. Had he adopted?

"Thanks Rhodey. Pete's been a big help around here. He's real good at cow milking. Ain't cha, bud?" Tony spoke fondly to the little boy as his son nodded almost frantically. "Sure am!" Tony chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Welp, let's get inside the house. I'm sure y'all got a lot of questions." Tony motioned the avengers towards the house. "Besides, I'm sure Pete wants to play with Rhodey." Peter giggled happily and nodded excitedly.

They all headed inside. Tony sighed. This was gonna take a while. Not fun having your abandoned crush thrown in your face. He was not prepared to give Steve the details of Peter's birth, or the facts on who the 'father' is.