Kaijo and Seirin

Chapter 4: Kaijo and Seirin

The practice game between Kaijo and Seirin was just about to begin.. But the look of the gym got Seirin surprised. "Ano, why aren't we using a full court?" Riko asked. "Huh? Oh sorry about that. I wanted to keep the freshmen intact with their practice.. —Kise! Move your feet!"

Hearing that kinda ticked Riko off.. And seeing her scary smile sent a shiver to each of the Seirin players... When the game started no one really paid that much attention 'cause they trust in their senpais to win it. But something shocked all of them.. As the red head Kagami dunked on the hoop..

He accidentally used too much force and broke it.. "Waah! Bakagami! Do you know how much that could cost?!" Riko yelled at him.. "S-Sorry.." was all he could say back.. But seeing that placed a smile on a certain person's face.. "Riko-chan, don't worry. That hoop's on me. It seems that we've underestimated you guys a bit.." Iyami said surprising the girl when she suddenly called her Riko-chan..

"Oi, freshmen! Clean that up! Your practice is over and we'll be using the full-court! Hurry up!" the manager yelled.. 'W-What authority!' Riko was slightly getting overwhelmed when she sees her giving orders like that.. 'Is she just the manager?! She's a bit similar to coach!' Kagami thought..

"Coach Genta, do you think he should play?" Iyami asked.. "If you really want my opinion. I'd put him in now. We don't know how strong they are so we better keep a close call. Even if this is a practice game, Kaijo will not lose." smiling widely, the girl agreed to what her coach said..

"Hey, blonde bishie! Get in your uniform. You're playing now." the girl yelled and Kise was really happy to hear that.. As the game resumed, Seirin caught Kaijo by surprise when Kuroko was suddenly popping up from somewhere to steal the ball.

But that didn't faze Iyami, somehow in her mind she was trying to find a hole in that boy's play.. though she clearly sees him getting really exhausted from the game's fast play.. Riko called for a time-out then and Kuroko tells them his technique's weakness. Earning him something in return from Riko..

"Kise, you know that guy more than any of us. Why don't you tell us right now?" Iyami told Kise.. "Huh, uh.. Hai. Well, it's easy to talk about his technique. Kurokocchi averts his opponents' field of vision by tapping on the ball instead of holding it for a long time. Also, add his lack of presence and BAM! Kurokocchi is invisible!~"

"Don't sound so happy you gay bishie~" Iyami yelled "E-eh?! I am not gay!" Kise whined.... "Fine, fine.. Just continue. How long will he last?" she asked him "Just 40 minutes. Kurokocchi can't play the entire game because of his weak body so he'll be bound to get subbed out."

Looking confident, the Kaijo members stood up and the game resumed.. After some time, an accident happened. Kise accidentally hit Kuroko on the head causing him an injury and Riko subbing him out..

'Getting double teamed by those two sent Kise in a panic. Their teamwork is really something.' Iyami thought. 'But now that he's gone. They can't use misdirection. They'll probably avert to their original style: Run and Gun.'  Both Iyami and Kasamatsu knew that, so they were on their guard.

But they didn't expect the score to be tied once Kuroko came back.. The final shot was the only hope. 'Kaijo needs to win!'  Iyami kept on thinking that way... Unconsciously emitting a strange aura around her..

As the seconds counted down, Seirin attacked with full speed! Kagami and Kuroko's duo was their final hope for the win. Kagami passed the ball to Kuroko and he threw the ball towards the hoop.. 'Kurokocchi can't shoot! So it means.. Kagamicchi!'  Kise jumped with all his might when Kagami reached for the ball to do an alley-oop.. but failed to block the shot..