Chapter 1

*Edited*

Harry's POV

"C'mon mate, wake up!" I hear Ron yell as I feel a pillow hit my face.

"Five more minutes..."

"We already missed breakfast and we're late for potions, we've got to go now!"

At that I jump out of bed and throw off my shirt, heading over to my dresser to get my robes.

"Why didn't you tell me that first? I would have been half way to class by now! We have a double block with Slytherins, right?"

"Yeah, I'll make sure to sit next to 'Mione so you can sit next to the ferret, if he's not already sitting next to Parkinson."

I blush slightly at his words as we slip out the door, practically running to class.

After the war, a few seventh years decided to come back to Hogwarts to finish up school officially. We were all placed in our same houses, same rooms.

A couple years ago I told Ron about the crush I had on Draco since third year. It took him some time to get used to the idea of it. He was more upset by the fact that I kept it from him for so long.

I should have taken Draco's hand back in first year when he offered his friendship. I should have spoken more than just a few words to him when I first met him in Madame Malkin's shop. I would have, if I wasn't so new and oblivious to the wizarding world at the time. We could have been best friends, or, even better, we could be boyfri--

"C'mon Harry, maybe we can sneak in." Ron whispered as he cracks open the door.

We slipped in, thankful that Snape's back was turned to the class as he wrote on the board. Ron hurried and slipped into the seat behind Draco, next to Hermione, while I slipped into the only other empty seat in the class, which was, of course, by Draco Malfoy.

Snape turned around and glared at Ron and I, and we glanced at each other with mirroring looks of fear in our eyes.

"Mr. Potter... Mr. Weasely... Please come to the front of the class." He said, sitting down at his desk and straightening out random papers and files.

Ron and I got up and walked slowly to his desk, eyeing him closely for any sudden outbursts.

We stood in front of his desk and he stood up quickly slamming his hands on his desk, causing Ron and I to jump. "And why are you two late to my class?"

"Well, we woke up late--" Ron started in a hurry.

"And Ron tried to wake me--"

"But he wouldn't get up at first--"

"I didn't know that we had potions this morning--"

"I told you a minute after you woke up!"

Snape held up his hands to silence us. "Ten points from Gryffindor... Each. Now, back to your seats and you will not disrupt my class again."

Ron and I hurriedly walked back to our seats. I sighed as I sat down, glad that I didn't get a detention. With all of the stress of finishing out the year with good marks and doing all of my homework on time, I couldn't afford a detention.

I stopped my wandering mind and tried to focus on what Snape was saying, but as soon as I looked up, he was sitting down. I looked over to Draco to see that he already had a bunch of ingredients lined up on the desk.

"What are we making?" I ask, leaning over slightly to look at his notes.

"Honestly, Potter, do you ever listen? We're making Tempo Inverso. Pass me the unicorn hair." He said absentmindedly as I passed him the container carrying the hair.

"What's Tempo Inverso?" I asked, looking at the bright green liquid bubbling in the cauldron.

He sighed dramatically and turned his whole body towards me. "Tempo Inverso is an age decelerating potion. The more you drink, the younger you get; however, you'll only age one year per week. Since I'm making it, you're going to test it. Just don't be obtuse and just sit there silently until I'm done, Potter, I don't need you messing up my potion."

I nodded and turned to face the front of the classroom, slightly saddened by the condescending tone in his voice. We've been enemies for so long, I can't blame him for hating me. I did save his life that one time in the Room of Requirement, but I doubt that it had any impact on him about me.

I wonder how old I'll turn. What if I want to be a child? A baby, even? Who would take care of me?

I turn around to Hermione and Ron. "'Mione, what if I want to become a child? Who's going to take care of me until I'm old enough to be... Well... Me again?"

She doesn't look up at me from her potion, adding something else and stirring it while she talks to me. "Well, if you would have been listening to Professor Snape instead of daydreaming, you would have heard that who ever makes the potion for you is responsible for you if you are to be turned any age younger than ten. Ron is going to be 16, so there's nothing to worry about with us. Almost everyone is just going to do a year younger, anyway. What age are you going to be?"

I shrug my shoulders and turn around with a quick thank you before going back to my thoughts. Would Draco refuse to take care of me? Would he risk his grade by not doing so? Only one way to find out, really.

"Potter." I turn to Draco and he hands me a vial. "I'm finished."

Just then Snape comes over and stands beside Draco's seat. "Very good, Mr. Malfoy. First one to complete the potion, five points to Slytherin. Mr. Potter..." He gestures to the vial.

I glance at Ron and Hermione, who had paused on their potion to look at me. "Bottoms up." I say, and gulp down the potion with the age number in my mind.

Two.

I see everyone get taller and taller as I shrink down, my clothes becoming too big as my body shrinks. I start to feel dizzy, and I look at Draco one last time, his face mixed with anger but amusement, and then everything went black.