Chapter 5

*Edited*

A/N - Sorry that I haven't updated in a little while, I've been reading so much more drarry and I just like to take some time to perfect as much as I could about this fic. Thanks for sticking with me though!!!

Once McGonagall got to the hospital wing, Madame Pomfrey had already assessed Harry and was looking over several notes that she had written.

"So what's going on with him?" I asked Madame Pomfrey, glancing over him as he played with one of my hands, seeming extremely interested in my fingers. "Is that normal for him? Is it just a side effect of the potion?"

She set her quill down and sighed, "Mr. Potter is perfectly fine, Mr. Malfoy. No need to worry about him, although I'm glad that you brought him to me."

"I'm not worried about him!" I spluttered, snatching my hand away from him. I saw his lip quiver and I immediately gave him my hand back. Madame Pomfrey rolled her eyes and McGonagall gave her a knowing look.

I sighed as well and picked him up. "So if nothing is wrong, I'll just be on my way, then."

McGonagall grabbed my arm and held a small box towards me. "Just give him one of these every morning before breakfast, Mr.Malfoy. It should help with his hunger and also provide the nutrition that he needs to grow at the rate he is now."

I took the box of what I assumed was filled with potions, and thanked her.

"No need to thank me, Mr. Malfoy, thank Professor Snape." She said before exiting the room.

"Dwaco?" I glanced down at Harry, who hadn't said a word since we got here.

"What, Harry?" I sneered.

"I don' like it hewe. Can we go home now? An' wha's that in the box?" He asked, reaching towards the small box.

"It's a potion, it'll make you stop eating so much, and you won't always be hungry."

I began walking back to our dorm, holding Harry on my right side and holding the box, far from his grasp, in my left hand.

"Wha's a po-tion?" He said, splitting the word in two.

"It's something that can help you, but you have to drink it. This one is like medicine."

"Otay, Dwaco." He said, resting his head down on my shoulder and staying quiet until we reached our destination.

Once we were there I gave him one of the potions from the box, which had stacks upon stacks of the small viles with light blue liquid in them. He drank it happily and said that it tasted like "wainbows an' happy stuffs".

I was growing bored of just being alone with the toddler, so I decided to go down to the Great Hall for lunch. We got there ten minutes late, and I immediately turned to go to the Slytherin tables, but Harry had other plans.

He squirmed in my arms and pulled at my robes. "I wan' sit over thewe!" He pointed to the Gryffindor table where Granger, Weasley and the Weaslete were sitting and waving to him excitedly.

I sighed inwardly and tried to ignore him, still making my way to the Slytherin tables.

He squirmed particularly hard and slipped out of my grasp, but I caught him before he fell too far. He looked at me with fear in his eye and then the tears came.

His screams were loud, and every pair of eyes in the great hall turned to me. I looked around sheepishly and tried shushing him and rubbing his back, but to no avail. Sighing dramatically, I turned on my heels and rushed over to the Gryffindor table and sat next to Granger. His cries immediately subsided and he wiped his wet face with his small fist and nuzzled his face into my shirt.

The Great Hall was still silent, so I growled and stood up, with Harry still gripping me tightly. "Well go on!" I yelled, "Continue your bloody conversations!"

I sat down with a huff as the silence in the Great Hall continued on for a few seconds, but then the usual chatter rose back to life as if nothing had happened.

I handed Harry over to Granger and began to fill my plate along with Harry's. I ate as much as I could, and Granger fed Harry. I assume the potion had worked because he didn't even finish half of his plate.

I held my hands out towards Harry, and he immediately scrambled into my arms.

"We go home now Dwaco?" He asked as I got up, not saying a word to any of the Gryffindorks.

"Yes." I replied shortly, not in the mood to argue that our dorm wasn't his home.

"Can we go to pway in the snow pwease?" He asked, slightly pouting.

"No." I was far too tired to be chasing him around in the snow. No matter how satisfyingly adorable he looked right now.

He began squirming furiously in my arms again, kicking and screaming. I tried to ignore it until I got a kick straight on my stomach. I sat him down on the ground and kneeled down to his level.

"Listen to me," I say sternly, narrowing my eyes at him and ignoring the fearful look in his eyes. "You will not throw these little tantrums around me, you little brat. I have been told to take care of you, and what I say goes. If I ever see you throw a tantrum again, I will put you down and I will leave you. Do you understand me?"

His lip trembles and he stands up and stomps his foot. "I wan' pway in the snow!" He yells.

I sigh and stand up straight. I walk around him and walk away, quickly, down the corridor.

I hear him scream and his small feet try to run towards me, but his legs are too short and his feet aren't that fast, compared to my speed walking. I turn a corner, a good distance away from him, and hear him let out a strangled cry. I peek my head around the corner to look at him, and he's sitting on the floor in the middle of the hall, crying his heart out.

I step from behind the wall and as soon as he sees me he crawls over to me quickly, probably too exhausted to walk. When he's a bout a foot away I kneel down in front of him. He reaches his arms towards me and tries to climb into my arms, but I gently push him back into a sitting position on the ground.

He screams again through his tears but stays put. I take my hand and wipe away some of his tears, although he's still crying, and lift his chin up with my finger so that he's looking at me.

"You will not throw a tantrum around me. Do you understand?" I ask with the same stern tone in my voice as before. He nods his head. "I said do you understand. Use your voice."

"I un'erstan'." He whispers quietly, looking down.

"Look at me." I say.

He looks up into my eyes and I actually feel a tinge of sadness for him. "I don't like to see you cry," I say before I can stop myself. "I just really don't like tantrums. While I am stuck raising you, I do not want you to throw one. Okay, Harry?" I whisper the last part, gentler than I was at first.

"Otay," he whispers, "I wuv you Dwaco. I'm sowwy."

I sigh and pick him up, and he hugs me close to him as he wipes his wet, tear filled face on my robes.

He is seriously going to regret this when he's back to his normal age. I think to myself as we walk back to our dorms.