Chapter 9

*Edited*

A/N - So someone asked me to progress faster with Harry's speaking, so that's what I'm going to do. Please enjoy! :)

It was the night of Christmas Eve and Harry and I were watching some muggle Christmas movie called Charlie Brown. Honestly, I found it to be very uninteresting, but Harry thought it was the most wonderful thing in the world.

He was five years old now, and he had quite the growth spurt over the last week; his hair was longer, and he had grown another heads length.

The movie had just finished and I was slouched on the couch with my eye lids half open.

Harry jumped on my lap and screamed, "Lets watch another one!"

I pushed him off of my lap softly and he pouted. "No. Christmas is tomorrow and I know you're going to wake up early, so you need to get to bed now. You can watch as many movies as you want tomorrow, but not right now."

He flopped his head down on my lap and spread his limbs out everywhere exasperatedly. "But I wanna watch them all now! I'm not tired, Draco. Can I watch just one more? Please?" He begged, attempting and failing to make puppy dog eyes. He looked like a mangled rabbit actually.

"Nope." I said, popping the P.

I got up off of the couch and grabbed his wrist, pulling him towards my room, since I promised him that he could sleep with me tonight. We were already in our night clothes and I tucked him in bed next to me.

"Goodnight, Draco." He whispered, shifting so that he was snuggled up against my chest.

I sighed but put my arm around him, "Goodnight, Raven." I whispered back.

I lay in bed awake, thinking about all of the changes that had happened. Harry was turned into a baby. I was forced to take care of him until he grew up. I found out that Harry isn't as... Unbearable as I thought he was. That is, while he's a child. I've begun to feel different about him. As an eighteen year old boy, and as a five year old. I've come to see myself as more of a father figure of him now. Someone he can look up to and ask questions to. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to go soft or anything of that nature.

But as an eighteen year old, I'm not entirely sure what I think of him. When I picture us as usual, hating each other and always arguing, or even simply just ignoring each other, I feel something in my stomach twist and squeeze, like it pains me to even imagine such a thing. I honestly just don't know what I want. I just want everything to stay how it is, right now, with Harry asleep in my arms, peaceful and quiet and content.

With that last thought in my head of Harry and I peaceful and happy, I let my mind drift off into the dark void of nothing that I call my sleep.

***

I woke up extremely early Christmas morning to set out Harry's presents before he got up. Last week Pansy, Hermione and I went out and bought Harry some Christmas presents from as many places as we could.

I sat all of the presents out in the living room next to his old play pen and then went back to bed.

I didn't get to sleep very long, because not even an hour later Harry was jumping up and down on the bed, giggling like a mad man.

"It's Christmas, it's Christmas! Wake up Draco, it's Christmas!" He screamed, jumping onto the floor and running to the room door.

I grabbed my wand quickly and closed the door. "Ah, ah, ah," I said, getting up and stretching and then walking to him. I bent down to his level and held his chin in my hand so that he was looking me in the eye. "You must wash up and put on clothes before you open your presents. Pansy, Hermione and Weasley will be here later, and I don't want you looking like rubbish when they arrive. Alright?"

"Okay!" He smiled at me and then ran off to his room, grabbed some clothes, and then ran to the bathroom.

I smiled a little and did the same, minus the running, and then went down to the nearly empty Great hall with him when we both finished. The only people there were Hermione, the Weasel, Pansy, two other Gryffindors, three Ravenclaw, and two Hufflepuffs. All of the Slytherin's went home, except for me.

Harry let go of my hand and ran towards the Gryffindor table where Hermione, Weasley, and Pansy sat. "'Mione, 'Mione! Draco said I can't open my presents 'till later, when you come over. Can you come now? I'm not hungry."

I chuckled and began to pile food onto our plates. Hermione glared at me and I just sent her an exaggeratedly wide smile. She sends a sideways glance at Weasley, who just laughs at her and continues eating. I wanted Harry to be excited for his presents, even more excited than he already was, so I thought it was best to make him wait. After all, the longer you wait for something, the better it is when you get it.

"You can open your presents as soon as you get back, Love." She says to him, making him smile. "I don't know why Draco made you wait, when we all agreed that you would open your presents as soon as you woke up." She snapped quickly, turning her head down with an angry blush and finishing her food.

After we all finished Harry took my hand and we all headed down to our dorm. When we got there harry immediately ran to the biggest present box in the room and started ripping the Slytherin green wrapping paper open. Inside, he found a kids practice flying broom. It looked like a regular flying broom, but it was only four feet tall. It was set to go only about ten to twenty feet in the air, so that if the kid fell off, they would receive little to no injury.

His eyes widened and a huge grin spread across his face. "Who got this one?" He asked.

I smirked and raised my hand slightly. He ran over to me and wrapped his arms around my hips, snuggling his face into my stomach. "Thank you so much, Draco! Can you teach me to fly? Please, please, please?" He begged.

I pretended to think for a second. On the one hand, I could, and then I'd be considered nicer than the other three in the room. Also, Harry would be extremely pleased with me. But on the other hand, the others may become slightly jealous that I have even more of Harry's attention. . . actually, when have I ever cared about what other people would think of me? "Hmm... Alright. But you have to do exactly what I say, when I say it. Do you understand?"

"Yes!" He screamed, letting go of me.

"If you don't listen to every instruction I give you, you will stop immediately and we will wait until you're eleven years old. Do I make myself perfectly clear?" I ask.

"Yes, yes, yes! I'll be extra perfect at it, just for you, Draco!"

Hermione rubbed his hair and kissed his head. "Alright, go open your other presents now." She said.

All in all, Harry received a lot of presents. An assortment of books from Hermione (Mostly on potions, to go along with my other gift for him), Lots of candy and other sweets from Weasley, along with some toys from his brothers shop, and a few stuffed toys from Pansy. Along with the broom, I got him a practice cauldron, more sweets, a book on potions (One that Hermione didn't get him), and a small necklace with a snake that had Emerald green eyes.

"Those eyes are like mines". He said while Weasley put the necklace on for him.

"Mine." Pansy corrected.

I smirked and kneeled down in front of them. "I got the snake for that reason in particular. You see, I know how much you love snakes, and you have the brightest green eyes, just like the emerald ones on the snake. It's perfect for a little Slytherin like you." I finished in a whisper, causing him to giggle a little.

He wrapped his small arms around my neck and I stood up, hugging him tightly.

"I love you, Draco. Merry Christmas." He whispered, so that only I could hear him.

I felt an odd flutter in my stomach and I put him down, much to his resistance.

"Yeah," I said. "Merry Christmas."

A/N - I am so sorry for another short chapter. But don't worry, Christmas isn't over yet! The next chapter will be much longer, I promise.