Who would play Dan in a movie?

HANNAH: Paul Rudd. Sweet and a bit goofy. That’s who always pops into my head when I think of who could play him. Although Paul Rudd pops into my head a lot these days, just generally. A lot of people know him from movies like Knocked Up or I Love You, Man, or when he married Phoebe in Friends.

But I liked him in Cider House Rules years ago. So I saw him first…

ROB: You do know he’s a big Hollywood star who’s married with kids and lives thousands of miles away and you’ll never meet him, right?

HANNAH: He looked good in a uniform in that movie. I wonder if Dan could use a uniform…

DELPHINE: What movie star would play Dan? Zat’s tricky. You know, I’ve met many stars of cinema. French cinema of course. Gerard Depardieu tried to seduce me once…

DAN: What movie star would play me? I’d say Matthew McConaughey could do a good job. We’re about the same height, he’s a tiny bit taller, maybe. And I don’t have wavy hair, or piercing blue eyes and striking bone structure. And obviously working out is effectively part of his job as a movie star, and I don’t get paid to go to the gym, so perhaps I don’t have quite the same abdominals.

But then I’ve never been arrested playing the bongos in my pants, so I think we’re even.

DELPHINE: To play me, Brigitte Bardot would have been perfect I zink, if she’d dyed her hair. Gerard said I reminded him of her. That was before I said no to his advances, and ‘e drove off in a rage, crashing his scooter. Men are such babies.

ROB: For me, it’d be tricky. I’d need someone with classic leading man looks, an action movie physique, and Groucho’s comic timing. Probably best if I play myself.

DAN: For Rob…You know these days the actor Vince Vaughan plays these kinda schlubby ordinary Joes with a good line in bitter sarcasm? But when he first became a star with Swingers he was this tall, skinny, good-looking guy with great hair and stylish clothes; a new Hollywood star with a mischievous twinkle in his eye that let guys and gals know he’d be a blast to hang out with? Well Rob looks a bit like him after that time.

HANNAH: I think I’d best be played by Amy Adams. Largely because she already has experience of hanging around with a bunch of Muppets.