Chapter One | Incident

Incident
=×=×=

~Laurence's POV~

The sound of thunder roared outside, sending all organisms inside, and apparently Garroth talked Dante into taking in some cat. It's a fluffy grey cat, which is probably a stray, but he snuggled it anyways.

I plopped onto my bed, sighing as I looked out the window, my black and white striped hoodie sleeve falling down my arm. My ear twitched as I recognized Garroth's to-die-for voice rang throughout the hallway. "Dante, I love this cat!" "Fine! Get rabies! Then Aphmau will have no choice but to fall in love with me!" Dante snapped.

"You have no chance against Laurence though..." Garroth mumbled, making a whimpering sound as I heard Dante walk in his room and shut the door. 'Awe.. Garroth...I know you don't like storms..'

Aww, you're so sympathetic towards your crush, I hate it.

I growled, literally about to skewer out my own brain just to keep myself away from my echo. The voice that teases me on the inside, no one seems to believe or get it, but only if they knew what really goes on. "H-Hey; Laurence, can you come h-here for a second?" I heard Garroth's voice in the distance.

Haha lover boy!
-
-

--

------

'Shut up...'

"Yeah! Coming!" I sprinted over to him, fake smiling to hide my annoyance. "Yeah?" I looked at his face, my smile now being replaced with a frown. His sparkling blue eyes fell on me, his arms crossing, an indication that he was nervous. I've known this boy so long, his body language is like the abc's. I know every single one without thinking about it.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, looking at his eyes, which looked like they were about to burst with tears. Garroth gave me a sad smile, "I....can...I hang out in your room?" He blushed, looking down at his shoes.

"Of course, Dante's just a little rattled up today. Cmon!" I grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him upstairs to my room, laughing. Garroth gave me a warm smile and swung his barely dangling legs from my bed. Maybe this night wouldn't be so bad after all.

We watched some TV, flipping to the best show in the universe, AOT! Apparently Garroth really likes Connie, but I adore Levi.

After finishing some episodes, I noticed Garroth wasn't talking as much. I looked over at him, to see him in a light sleep, mumbling from time to time. A smile crept on my face, he was just too cute for his own good when asleep. What am I saying, he was always adorable.

What are ya gonna do? Kiss him while he's unconscious?

I hate that voice. Its stupid, it's rude, it's meaningless. But that didn't sound like the worst idea to be honest. I grabbed the covers and pulled them over him, gently enough to not wake him up. I curled up on the floor, leaving all the blankets on him.

It was admitibaly cold in the floor, but if I had to choose one of us to be all cozy, it would be him in a heartbeat. I sighed, realizing that TV wasn't turned off. I shut it off quietly, but while walking back to the green bean bag in my room I tripped on something, and smacked my head on the wall, falling on the carpet.