8

Chris' pov

Maybe I was driving a little too fast or a little too reckless but I couldn't give less of a fuck. I kept a hand over his chest until he started moving slightly on his own.
"Slow down." He grumbled quietly. His body remained limp, pale and cold however his eyes were now twitching a little bit.
"You fucking passed out. I will NOT slow down." I snit as I glanced between him and the road.
"Slow down." He slurred as his hand found mine. I released a deep breath and easy back on the peddle.
"Calm down." He whispered as he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.
"Don't tell me to calm down. You made yourself vomit until your body couldn't even function." I hissed, despite that fact that I had calmed down a bit.
"Relax." Mike soothed as his eyes reminded closed and his hand was lovingly linked with mine. I leaned back in my seat, giving up on fighting the surprisingly calm guy.

Mike had passed out several times from when we had stopped talking to currently pulling up at the emergency room. I quickly unbuckled myself and stepped out of the car, leaving the keys in. One of the valet guys handed me a slip of paper as I opened Mike's door. His limp body looked peaceful yet disturbing. I pushed my arms under him and lifted him up bridal style. His head stayed on my shoulder as one of his hands latched onto the front of my shirt.
"Just tell them I passed out." He grumbled quietly as I walked through the automatic glass doors. The lady at the front desk hit a button and a few men came rushing to Mike and I with a stretcher.
"Lay him down carefully." The shorter one instructed. I did as I was told, resting the limp body down on the bleached sheets.
"Walk with us." The other nurse ordered as they took off walking down a long hall. I stayed at Mike's side as he gradually moved his hand to my wrist.

"I'm Vinny, that's Kells. Can you tell us a little bit about what happened to your friend here?" The small and obviously Italian one asked.
"I'm Chris, his name is Mike." I said quickly as Kells pushed a door open and Vinny guided the stretcher in. The door slammed shut behind the nurse dressed in all white, leaving just Vinny and I in the hall.
"So what happened?" He asked as he grabbed a folder from the wall hanger. He started to scribble down information in it before I even started talking.
"I had made him eat and he said he could finish the quinoa and then we went to his place and I was waiting in the car for him and it was 20 minutes later... tops, and I went in to check on him and there was pills on the counter and he was laying on the bathroom floor next to a toilet full of vomit." I summarized without taking a breath.
"Do you know if he had taken any of the pills and what they were?" Vinny asked as he casually copied my words to paper.
"I don't know. If he did he probably would've thrown them up too. And I have no clue. We just met a few days ago." I stammered as I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.
"That's fine. Um... I think that's good for now. Just give me a second." Vinny mumbled as he cracked the door open slightly.
"Kells is just finishing up an IV." He said as he kept his foot in the gap.
"Come on in." Vinny said as he kicked the door open after a few seconds.

"He passed out again as soon as I transferred him into the bed." Kells said as he pushed the hair out of Mike's face.
"Okay, I'm gonna get Angelo in here. See if he thinks we should put him on a feeding tube right away." Vinny said as he tossed the folder to Kells. The taller nurse caught the papers skillfully and started to flip through them.
"Damn. He's back at it again I guess." He mumbled under his breath.
"What do you mean?" I asked, oblivious to what he was talking about.
"Shit, yeah, get him on an oral tube. If he refuses to eat when he wakes up then we can switch him over to a nasogastric." Another guy said as he waltzed into the room behind Vinny.
"I'm Angelo, it's nice to meet you." The guy that looked like a serial killer said quietly as he shook my hand.
"How much do you know about Mike here?" He asked as he took the folder from Kells.
"Quite a bit I'm guessing." Angelo said as he tossed the papers on the table. Vinny came charging back into the room with a tray of sterilized packages.  Kells closed the curtain around Mike and Vinny quickly.