Chapter 3

Just letting you all know that the video above has nothing to do with the story. I found it and still have yet to stop laughing...it's been two days....so I thought I'd share it. Now on with the story.....

"Wake up you pieces of crap!!" was the rude awakening from a guard as he banged his plaster on all of the cell doors; Kanan jolted up with a confused and alarmed mind before the memories from the previous day returned. He watched as the teen suddenly jumped down from his own bed and stretch "morning kid" Ezra spun around with wide eyes before sighing with relief "oh...hey Kanan...forgot I was given a cell mate" he admitted making them both chuckle. "Come on, if we're late...you don't even want to know what will happen" Ezra stated; Kanan took the advise and got up from his bed, retied his hair up into a ponytail before following the boy out of their shared cell. The two met up with Kanan's crew at one of the tables for breakfast "hey, how'd everyone sleep??" Anakin asked once they were all sat down, not really getting an answer as they were all still tired - except Ezra of course who was looking around the courtyard. 

"Yesterday was pure torture!! My arms are so sore" Zeb complained, followed by Sabine "there are so many sheets to clean!! And if they're not done properly, we have to redo them all!!". Kanan rolled his eyes as he folded his arms "try beating a load of rocks for hours, then we'll talk". During this, Ezra just shook his head and chuckled as he ate his small portion of...gruel?? Hera sighed "I could just punch one of these guards" she stated, not knowing there was one within ear shot; he matched over and gripped onto her arm, pulling her to stand up "care to say that again?! And maybe try?!" the guard challenged with a glare; the woman's friend were about to jump in when the fifteen year old shook his head. They reluctantly kept quiet. 

"Do you know what we do to scum who bad mouth guards?!" the guard hissed as he was about to strike Hera across the face; this was when the kid decided to jump in and grabbed onto his wrist, pushing it away from the newbie. "Leave her alone!! Don't you know it's rude to hit a lady??" the guard glared at the teen "stay out of this street rat!!" he ordered "you know the rules, do something wrong and you get punished, no matter who you are". The crew all gulped, worried about this 'punishment' that Hera was being threatened with; Ezra saw this, as well as the flash of fear that appeared on Hera's face, and knew what he needed to do. "Okay then...I'll take her punishment, all of it" the guard seemed to think on this offer before nodding "fine". And with that, he released the newbie and dragged the boy away towards the head guard who took over before entering a room. 

All was quiet as every single prisoner - other then the Ghost crew - knew what that room was. All of a sudden, a horrific, ear piecing scream could be heard coming from that very room; it was Ezra! This lasted for a long thirty minuted until suddenly....all when quiet. Everyone was worried for the kid 'what happened?! Is he...dead?!'; Hera couldn't help but feel the large amount of guilt form as he held her head in her hands. The door to the room opened and out walked the head guard, followed by one of his friends who was dragging the fifteen year old by his hair. The whole crew gasped in utter horror; the poor child was covered in blood, cuts, already formed bruises, burns and whip marks!! Ezra was shoved away and things somehow returned to normal....for the guards anyway. The newbies watched the boy lie still on the floor....looking like death....was he??

The movement of his chest rising and falling reassured them that he was still with them, as well as how two two Jedi could sense his life form!! Ever so slowly, Ezra rose to his feet and stumbled back to the table, into his seat "next time, don't bad mouth the bloody guards!!" was all he said as he regained his breath "Ezra I...I'm so sorry!!" Hera exclaimed "why did you take the punishment for me??" she asked in confusion. The kid sighed "it's fine Hera" he reassured as she began to clean the blood from his face the best she could "and because no one should be hurt like that....besides, you guys are, you didn't know and I've have a hell lot worse" that wasn't reassuring. It hurt so damn much to hear but it was the truth; Ezra wasn't one to sugar coat things. All of a sudden, the same alarm from the previous morning could be heard, earning many groans "time to go to work".