Chapter 8

"Where is Ezra Bridger?!" a man yelled as he burst into the Council room; all of the Jedi's looked at him in confusion, as well as ready to grab their weapons. "Who are you??" Master Jinn asked in a firm voice, but did not get a reply as the intruder just repeated his question. "Leave now, you will" Master Yoda ordered in a voice that held a clear warning, but it just seemed to make the man laugh like a crazy person "I don't think so!! Not before I see my son!!" all eyes widened; how did that work?? 

"Well that's a lie!! Ezra said his parents were taken and killed by the Empire was four!!" Anakin exclaimed but the man claiming to be Ezra's father just shook his head "no, just his mother" he stated "I managed to survive and escape, now where is my son!?". Just ask the that was said, in ran Kanan and Ezra "Masters!! Ezra's had a vision!!" it sounded urgent as they turned to the teen himself. Ezra's eyes wide eyes were fixed on the man in front of him, a hint of shock, happiness and...fear?? "D...dad?! What...how are you here?!" the boy asked - he had believed his father was dead for over ten years and now he was just stood there!! It was....well....strange to say the least.

"I'm here to take you home son" his father stated, making all eyes widened - he was planning on taking the fifteen year old away?! "But...where's mum?!" the look on his dad's face said everything "she...she's dead...isn't she??" a nod confirmed it "yes, I managed to get away but your mother didn't" the man explained "now come on, we need to go". He grabbed at his son's wrist and began to drag him out of the room, everyone was quick to follow and attempt to stop the man "dad...dad, stop!!" Ezra pleaded "I want to stay here" he somehow managed to worm his wrist from his father's grasp and stepped back "they say I'm strong with the force and that I could train here...I could help people dad!!" he explained, making a frown appear on the man's face. 

"I already knew this Ezra, both your mother and I did" he admitted "when you were little, you did things like making objects float when you slept, unlocked different locks without meaning to and a lot more" this was a surprise to the boy "I...I don't remember any of this". The man sighed as he rubbed his forehead "it doesn't matter many more, I know someone who will be willing to take you on and teach you the ways of the force" he explained "but we need to go and meet them now" he once again tried to grab at the teenager but was stopped by Kanan doing the same, grasping Ezra's shoulder and gently pulling him back "who exactly do you know that could train Ezra??" he asked. 

They all stared at the kid's dad who seemed annoyed by the spoken Jedi "a force user, and it's none of your business anyway!! Ezra is my son!!" he exclaimed in anger; Anakin spoke up "and he's our friend!!". All was tense, especially Ezra who decided to speak up "who will be training me dad??" they all turned to the boy, Kanan's hand still remaining on his shoulder "you'll meet him soon Ezra, but we need to go now!!" and once again, he managed to grab onto the child's wrist but this time, he pulled away himself "I...I don't like this dad...something about you has changed...and not in a good way" this made the man red with anger "I am your father!!" (Vader: Hey!! That's my line!!) he yelled "and you will do as I say, now come on!!" although it was an order, no one moved an inch - not even the teen himself. 

"I...I'm sorry dad...but I want to stay here at the temple" he looked over his shoulder at the man who still had his hand resting on his shoulder "I want to stay with Kanan and his crew" that one statement made them all smile as their hearts warmed, even Windu showed a small grin....except the teens father who seemed more then furious. "Have it your way son" he spat the last word like poison as he pulled out and ignited a lightsaber?! Both Anakin and Kanan did the same, pushing the youngling behind them towards the Jedi Council who prepared to join the fight if necessary - the two could handle one untrained man with a lightsaber...right?? Wrong!! 

It appeared the boys father would rather good with his most likely stolen weapon; Ezra suddenly had an idea and turned to the eldest Jedi Master "could I borrow your lightsaber??" he asked politely. Yoda raised a brow but nodded and handed over his weapon to the boy with a smile; Ezra hid the lightsaber behind his back and turned towards the three fighting man. "Stop!!" he yelled "I'll go with you!!" they did as told and his father smirked "good, now come" Ezra slowly approached the man as Kanan stepped forward, only to be stopped by his friend "Ezra no" their was pure worry and sadness in his voice and eyes. 

All Ezra did was gave the Jedi was a small smile before facing his father "I...I'm sorry dad" and with that, he ignited the borrowed weapon and pushed it into the mans chest. Ezra's dad stepped back and began to fall to his knees, glaring at his son "you're weak, just like your mother...she couldn't...fight me off" all eyes were already wide but were now even more so "when I...I killed her" after that, he took his final breath. Ezra felt tears run down his face from what he had just done, as well as the new information; he turned and returned the lightsaber to it's owner "Ezra??" Hera spoke - she had joined the group when they had left the Council room. 

"I...I didn't know what else to do...he was going to kill one of us" Ezra tried to justify his actions but he didn't need to, not to them "oh sweetie". The woman gently pulled the crying child into a secure embrace; Master Deba spoke up "I...I'm sorry you had to do that young one" the boy just shook his head "don't be...that man was not my father...my father died when I was four years old" he stated "he was a stranger to me".