Chapter 5

They didn't have a minute or even a second to spare before the rope snapped and fell down to the long and endless ground; Ezra with it!! He screamed the mans name as he fell to his - most likely - death; Kanan had literally just missed grabbing the boys top at the very last damn second!! "Ezra!! No!!" he yelled as he watched the kid fall and hear the fearful cry 'no no no no, I have to save him!!' was his only thought. Using all of his strength, physical, mental and through the force, Kanan focused on the fifteen year old boy, his falling presence and imagined him defying gravity by floating back up. 

It was difficult, not gonna lie; Kanan was indeed a strong and powerful Jedi - he had been told this many times by a multiple of people. But using the force on a living person when they're falling miles a minute down a deep and dark mine where he could not be seen or heard anymore....well, that was pushing it just a tad....except for Yoda who could probably do it whilst teaching a class of younglings, drinking a cup of tea, eating a jam doughnut and fighting a Sith...all at the same time. Em....where was I?? Oh yeah, it was a struggle for the the man even through he was a strong and powerful Jedi. 

Five minutes passed and Kanan still couldn't see the boy "come on....I can't-" he cut himself off "no, I won't lose this kid" he told himself. All of a sudden, a figure could be seen floating up; Kanan let out a sigh of relief once he grabbed a hold of the boy. "Ezra...Ezra!! You okay?!" he asked with complete worry; Ezra kept his eyes tightly closed, although he was really confused from hearing the mans voice "I...yeah, I'm...I'm fine". The boy decided not wasn't the time, nor the place; he was reminded of that when he looked over his shoulder. "Can em....can we just get out of here please??" the teen asked; Kanan chuckled as he gently pulled Ezra up so that he could keep a tight hold on him - his arms were now wrapped around the teen. 

Ezra did the same around the mans neck and held tightly, not wanting to fall again. It was horrible!! "Yeah kid, you got it" Kanan reassured as the boy rested his head on the mans shoulder; thanks to hitting his head against the wall, a painful headache had formed which made him extremely sleepy. He probably had a concussion....great. "Pull us up!!" Kanan yelled, not helping the poor boys head at all; the other prisoners thankfully heard the call and did as told. It took almost ten minutes until they finally reached the surface; the crew instantly helped the two out of the mine and untangled them both out of the ropes. 

Ezra was half conscious at this point "come on, we need to patch him up" Hera stated once the ropes were removed; Kanan picked the teen up bridal style and led the woman to his shared cell. The others were going to do the same but annoyingly, the guards intervened and ordered them to return to their jobs. Once the three reached the cell, Kanan gently lay the boy on the bottom bed as Hera retrieved some water from the disgusting sink - it wasn't clean water either but it would have to do. The woman cleaned away the blood and dirt the best she could but it didn't do much "there's a...a first aid kit...under the floor panel in the corner...near the toilet" Ezra mentioned through his tiredness. 

Kanan grabbed the first aid kit and handing it over to Hera who used what was there...a bandage. After wrapping up the kids head, Hera re-hid the first aid kit "thanks for the save...and cleaning me up" Ezra gave them the best smile he could, even though he was once again nearly unconscious "no problem sweetie, get some rest" Hera ordered as she stood up "we'll come check on you in a little bit" and with that, she left to return to her job. Kanan stayed crouched down next to the bed "what about my job??" Ezra asked earning a chuckle from the man "relax kid, Anakin and I will cover for you" he reassured "now rest, you need it". Just before Kanan could leave, the boy spoke up "seriously though...thank you Kanan, you put your life at risk for me today" the man smiled down at the teen "and I'd do it again kid" he stated truthfully "besides, you saved Hera this morning, I'm returning the favor" he had a point "now get some rest Ez" and with that, the man left to return to his job whilst Ezra fell to sleep.