Chapter 7

In the middle of the night, a loud bang that could be guessed to be an explosion woke all of the prisoners and guards up. "What the force?!" Kanan jumped off of his bunk as Ezra stood up "what's going on?!" the boy asked, but the adult didn't even know himself!! They looked out of the small hole in the door to see the sight of fire "karabast!! We need to get out of here and find the others!!" Kanan stated as he began to kick and slam his body into the door "em...Kanan" Ezra spoke "why don't you use the force to unlock the door??" he suggested earning a grin from the man "good thinking kid". Kanan concentrated on the lock until their heard it click; the two raced out and towards the rest of the crew "hey, everyone here and okay??" Kanan asked with worry as he gained his breath; the smoke was now thick in the air. 

Thankfully, they all nodded to both questions before Zeb spoke up after spotting something across the courtyard "em...guys" they all looked to him "is that Obi-Wan, Master Yoda and Ahsoka?!" the Lasat asked. They all turned to where he was looking - Ezra was confused but just went with it "it is!!" Anakin exclaimed before they all rushed towards the three. "Boy, are we glad to see you" Her stated, earning three smiles "good to see you all too, it is" Master Yoda stated "get to the ship quick, we must" he was right, as always. No one needed to be told twice as they hurried out of the prison through the large blown up hole in the wall and entered the ship. Hera was quick to fly them away and into hyper space. 

Once they knew they were safe, Ahsoka spoke up "what in the force happened?! You were meant to be going on a mission, not to an Imperial prison!!" she asked, worry clear in her voice; her Master wrapped an arm around the young girls shoulders "calm down Snips, we were on the mission but it turned out to be a trap and so they locked us up" Anakin explained "thanks for the rescue though". Kenobi spoke up as he held up some objects "it was no problem, we managed to find all of your weapons" he handed out the two lightsabers, Sabine's helmet and blasters, Hera's hand gun and Zeb's bo-rifle" they all thanked the man as they took their things "oh, and we accidentally picked up this orange bag". 

Ezra snapped his head up at that "wait a sec...that's my orange bag" Kenobi raised a brow at the teen as he hadn't seen him before "oh...em...here you go then" Ezra thankfully took the bag back and searched through, making sure all of his belongings were there; the two new Jedi's and Padawan stared at the boy in confusion. "Em....who's this??" Ahsoka asked; Kanan spoke up as he placed a hand on the boys shoulder "this is Ezra, he's one of the prisoners that helped us whilst we were locked up and was my cell mate". 

Yoda seemed to stare at the teen, as if he was...studying him, analyzing him, until finally, he spoke "strong with the force, he is" this surprised everyone as they shared a look of shock and confusion "I'm sorry Master Yoda but you must be mistaken, I can't sense any force signature on Ezra" Anakin stated, more then confused; Sabine, Zeb and Hera left the room with Ahsoka who wanted to talk to them about the failed mission and what it was like in the prison. "Only just sense the boys force sensitive, I do" Yoda explained "mental shield very high, they are" Ezra's eyes were still wide "you're wrong, I am not a Jedi" he stated "and I'm certainly not a Sith or Inquisitor!!". 

All of the Jedi's chuckled before Kanan spoke "Jedi's aren't born Ezra, they're trained in the ways of the force, that's how I became a Jedi" he explained; the boy was still very confused. "Take down your mental shield, can you??" Yoda asked; the boy shrugged "how do I take it down??" he asked - Kenobi explained that he just needed to let the force flow through him. "Something helpful might be, oh I don't know, helpful" Ezra stated with sass, sarcasm dripping from his mouth; it made them all laugh as he had a good point. "Basically...reveal the side of yourself that you do everything to hide, the vulnerable side I guess you could say" Anakin explained. Oh no. "No way!! Not a chance!!" Ezra exclaimed, folding his arms in a sense of protecting himself; this made all of the Jedi's frown.