Part I - Une Ladybug

Jagged Stone's latest album "Rock Giant" remained in the top charts, not only overthrowing XY's from the number 1 spot but amazingly buried it in sales. It was all thanks to Marinette Dupain-Cheng's artistry and innovative designs.

The main reason why it became a sensationalized single was due to the bonus track "It's Ladybug" composed by Jagged Stone himself, as a dedication to the Parisian super-heroine who saved him from Numeric. And because it was a famous song, everybody was expecting a music video.

Which brings Marinette to the current situation.

"Mr. Stone proudly talks about you, and always wear those Eiffel-tower shades you made to the press." the violet-haired assistant told her. Sitting beside her was the photographer Vincent, who somehow became 'real buddies' with the rock star after his akumatization.

"He suggested having you be the cover of his music video 'It's Ladybug', that is if you want to."

"Me-me? Jagged Stone wants me to be in his music vi - video?!" the designer squeaked, thankful that she was not holding a tray or she might have dropped it. "Wow, I - I can't believe it!"

"So, are you going to accept it?" the assistant asked. "I understand if you'll reject it. We'll just look for a different model that can play as Ladybug - "

"No, I accept! I accept it!" Marinette interjected. "I'll do it."

They were talking about her alter-ego, for Pete's sake, and the one requesting it was her favorite singer, so why decline?

"Perfect! Now, we'll collect you here tomorrow for the measurements and dress rehearsals then there will be some briefings for the shoot the following day. Vincent here will be the one who's going to coordinate with your schedules. Of course, we'll issue an excuse letter to your school in case the shoot will conflict to your lessons. Next week will be the launching and will be televised initially around noon."

Marinette gulped loudly when she received her schedule. It was all new to her, and the information was quite overwhelming. Her parents almost agreed to all terms and conditions stipulated in the contract so she signed it before the assistant and her companion left the bakery.

"We're looking forward working with you, Miss Dupain-Cheng."

.

.

.

When Marinette finally entered her room, Tikki immediately flew out from her purse.

"I'm so happy for you, Marinette!" the kwami congratulated her. "You'll be featured in Jagged Stone's music video as Ladybug!"

"Oh my God! Tikki! I can't believe it!" her charger gave a muffled scream then performed a happy dance. "I'll be in Jagged Stone's music video! Jagged Stone! Please pinch me if it's all real!"

The kwami complied, which earned a yelp.

Tikki chuckled. "You're becoming a celebrity, Marinette."

The horror finally dawned on her. "My gosh, Tikki. What if I'm going to mess things up? What if I will trip and ruin the set? What if I will be late and won't wake up and Jagged Stone will be angry with my clumsiness that he'll be disappointed with me that I don't deserve to be Ladybug and -"

"You're over-reacting again." the kwami rolled her eyes. "You're Ladybug. You'll be playing as yourself there. Would you like to have someone take that role instead?"

"I don't like that idea." the designer grimaced. "Will it be okay that I'm going to play as Ladybug? What if this will reveal my identity?"

"Don't fret about it. You haven't seen the set yet."