Cheerleading

Foxy's POV

"Foxy, pass!" Called Ben, ushering for me to throw him the ball.
"Catch!" I called back to him before Dan could tackle the ball off me, throwing the ball swiftly towards him.
It's been about a week since the night of the dinner party and since then me and Mangle have become really good friends. We've hung out whenever we could after school but that was kinda hard when she had dance classes and I had football practise. Still, whenever we did make time for each other, we always had a laugh. But knowing in my head that I..Well, knowing how I feel about her, it's been kinda hard to keep my cool all the time and act like I don't have feelings for her..
Ahem, anyway.
Speaking of football practise, Toy Freddy's really been grilling us. If one foot is in the wrong place or we waste a second without our heads in the game, he sure as hell let's us know. It's probably because the first game of the semester is coming up against that Oakmore academy school. From what I've heard they're actually a decent team, they're pretty good when it comes to strategy so Fred is feelin' the pressure. Looking around at our team and simply the fact that Toy Freddy, the sports star of Statton, is our quarter back, I'm not worried about freakin' wiping the floor with them. But trust me, when the asshole co-captain, Springtrap, is giving you death glares not just in practise but also throughout the whole school day, it's pretty damn hard to concentrate. Trust me, I have no problem sending them right back his way, or flipping him off when his back is turned. I'm not sure if him and Mangle have talked at all since the other night or if they've made up, frankly I couldn't care less, I'm still pissed at him for what he said to Mangle on the phone.
What, was he dropped on his head as a baby or just born a stupid jerk?

As Springtrap intentionally ran past me on the playing field, knocking into my shoulder harshly and growling under his breath while giving me the side-eye, Toy Freddy clapped his hands together and began walking off the field, indicating practise was finally over.
Thank God, I don't know how much more of this I can take without getting into another fight with Springtrap.
"Okay guys, good game! Your communication is definitely improving. But, you need to be quicker on your feet if we're gonna stand a chance against Oakmore's Football team on Friday. Bonnie, keep your eye on the ball at all times, got it? Liam, quit staring at Cheerleading tryouts! Tony, remember your position." Toy Freddy shouted, glaring at Liam along with practically the whole football team who were staring and drooling at the cheerleaders while sending them catcalls as they all made their way onto the other half of the field to start tryouts. Of course right at the front was Mangle and Toy Chica, since Mang was the captain from last year I'm guessing she got to decide who made it onto the squad this year too.
"Lookin' good, Mang!" Ben yelled out to Mangle with a grin on his face, winking at her as she walked by. She rolled her eyes at him while shaking her head, sharing a look with Toy Chica while ignoring the other comments some of the guys shouted their way. Springtrap was sending the whole lot of them icy glares with his arms crossed firmly in front of his chest, "Shut it, assholes." He growled to them all as they all began making their way off the field chuckling to themselves, but making sure to get away from Spring as fast as they could while speed walking to the changing rooms.
I couldn't help but scoff to myself at him, did he not see how freaking hypocritical he was being?
Springtrap whipped his head round to face me while I grabbed my water bottle off the bleachers, "Somethin' funny, Adams?" He said raising a brow with narrowed eyes.
I took an intentionally long drink of water to irritate him before turning to face him with the same annoyed expression and taking a few steps forwards, "Nothing at all, Spring. It just kinda pisses me off the way you treat your girlfriend."
He slowly took a large step towards me, a hint of vexation in his eyes and quickly becoming more prominent in his voice, "You're telling me how to treat my girlfriend, newbie? Havin' a go at me for telling those dickheads to shut their mouths about her? Oh yeah Foxy, I'm a shit boyfr-"
I growled under my breath before cutting him off mid-sentence, "I'm talking about the other night, dumbass. You had no reason to get pissed off at Mangle."
Springtrap paused, flinching slightly at my words and instantly taking another step towards me with balled fists by his sides, "That's none of your God-Damn business, Foxy..Now stay the hell away from her." He snarled shoving me back by my shoulders. I sent him a hostile look as I stepped forward to shove him straight back, but unfortunately Fred was there to stop us from getting into yet another fight.
"Springtrap, Foxy, what the hell is-" Toy Freddy paused before walking over to the both of us, examining our angry expressions and clenched fists by our sides and let out a sigh, "Jesus Christ, you ladies just can't play nice, can you?" He said rolling his eyes and turning to face Springtrap, "Look, Spring, we gotta talk. You too, Foxy."
He'd managed to grab both our attention as me and Springtrap gave one another a look of confusion.
"Sup Fred?" He said simply, folding his arms up and raising a brow.
"What's 'Sup is you've been getting into way too many fights with the whole team, Spring."
He rolled his eyes, "Pfft, no I haven't."
Fred raised an eyebrow at him quizzically and crossed his arms, "Oh really? Then how come you sent James to the effing infirmary last week because you thought he stole your deodorant?"
Spingtrap rubbed the back of his neck and stared out the corner of his eye to avoid looking at Toy Freddy, "That..That was a one time thing."
"You mean like Greg with the kick in the stomach? Lee getting tied to the goal post with a skipping rope and left out til 6pm? Richard going home with a new black eye every week? The list goes on. Not to mention you've started skipping practise all of a sudden..You think I'm stupid, Springtrap?!" Fred started losing his patience with Spring as his brows began to lower and voice starting to raise. I stared at both him and Springtrap for a while as Fred began rubbing his temples and let out a sigh, "This can't keep happening, Spring. I'm kicking you off the team."
Springtrap's eyes widened in shock along with his mouth which was now agape, stuttering to find the words to comprehend what just happened, "W-What? No, Fred, you can't! The next game is on Friday and you won't have a Co-captain."
Toy Freddy tapped his chin for a few seconds and shrugged, "You're right." He paused, turning to face me with a smile, "Guess Foxy can fill in for ya."
Okay, now it was my turn for my mouth to hang wide open in shock.
Me? Co-Captain? Freakin Co-Captain?!
"Wait, really?" I asked with disbelief filling my voice and a large smile growing on my face as Fred nodded in response.
"Fred, you gotta be joking..T-This clown can't be fucking Co-captain. He's barely been here a week!" Springtrap excalimed, his eyes darting from me to Toy Freddy.
"Mhm. Within the total of two weeks he's been here, he's proven to be a better player than you, Springtrap. So like it or not, you're not on the team anymore and Foxy is the new Co-captain. Now get your crap and go." Toy Freddy said with dead-seriousness in his voice, pointing to the changing rooms. Springtrap glared at me for a few seconds before brushing shoulders with me as he stormed off the field.
"Jerk." I mumbled with a roll of the eyes watching him walk away and then turning to Fred, "Fred, are you sure man? About making me Co-captain? I'm super grateful, of course I am but I have only been here two weeks and-"
Toy Freddy lifted his hand up to signal me to stop talking, "Foxy, chill. I know I've made the right decision." He smiled to me before continuing, "I get you've only been here two weeks, but that doesn't make you any less qualified. I'm definitely not worried about your strength or stamina dude, cause you've got plenty of each." He chuckled looking me up and down playfully nudging my shoulder as we began walking away towards the changing rooms. I laughed as we made our way across the field before giving him a genuine smile, "Thanks Fred."
"No problem, now c'mon Co-captain, we both need a shower." He said patting me on the shoulder with a chuckle.