Chapter 1

"Happy birthday, Will!" My older brother said with a smile as one of the employees brought out a pizza and cake. "Make a wish!"

I grinned back before glancing over at the animatronics on the stage singing, taking everything in. Those things were so cool looking, though my brother insisted they were creepy. My friends waved me over and I motioned to the food before blowing out the candles. My brother ruffled my hair with his hand before distributing the pieces of cake and pizza as my friends ran over.

"Hey where are you going?" I asked as my brother started to walk off.

"My break is over." He shrugged apologetically. "Don't worry, I'll be around if you need me."

"Alright." I nodded before joining in my friends' entertainment as the show finished and the animatronics started walking around, Freddy heading in our direction.

"Freddy!" David shouted happily from beside me.

The bear like animatronic waved and looked at me before speaking in its robotic voice. "I heard someone has a birthday."

"That's Willy!" I blushed a bit as Faith pointed me out; she always liked embarrassing me.

"Uh, hi..." I waved back, sure Freddy wasn't real but he could sure seem like it.

"Happy birthday Willy." Freddy spoke once more. "Would you like to meet the others?"

"Sure?"

"Alright." He started walking away and back to the other animatronics by the stage.

"Don't just stand there." Thomas grabbed my arm and started running after Freddy. "Hurry, before the other kids beat us!"

I ran over with my friends, the rest of our food forgotten on the table, and came to a stop at the bottom of the stage where Bonnie and Chica were interacting with a few other kids, though they didn't ignore us as we approached. Despite my friends' attempt to get me to interact more with the three animatronics I let them do most of the talking. Not that this place wasn't fun, I just came here too often now since my brother got a job here. I wish there were other robots other than Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy... maybe that would make it more interesting for a bit.

"A lad like you should be celebratin' a day like this." The pirate fox startled me a bit as he walked over from Pirate's Cove with Thomas in tow.

"I am celebrating." I replied before feeling a familiar pang of sadness. "I just wish my parents were here to celebrate too."

Before Foxy or Thomas could speak a man in a mascot uniform came over, he was obviously a worker here considering the golden bunny outfit. "Your brother works here right? I'm a friend of his and wanted to show you and your friends a surprise we're releasing to the public soon... consider it a birthday gift."

"Yes! Come on Will, say yes!" Thomas shouted in my ear.

"I should go ask my brother..." I glanced around for his familiar black hair with newly dyed neon green highlights, but with all the multicolored lights and people around I quickly gave up.

"I said I was his friend, you can trust me." The guard gave a smile; his pale eyes were as white as his teeth as I looked back up at him. "Follow me."

I didn't know what to do. I really wanted to see this surprise and my friends were now all staring at me hopefully. I gave a nod; the man was a friend of my brother after all. "Okay! Let's go!"